Today the Dragon Wins

"Today the Dragon Wins" offers information from Fantasy Author and Professional Editor Sandy Lender. You'll also find dragons, wizards, sorcerers, and other fantasy elements necessary for a fabulous story, if you know where to look...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Misbehaving in Candlelight

Sandy Lender is the editor of an international trade publication and the author of the fantasy novels Choices Meant for Gods and Choices Meant for Kings, available from ArcheBooks Publishing, and the series-supporting chapbook, What Choices We Made.

Add to Technorati Favorites

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Canvas or Plastic
Or...The Dragon went canvas before San Fransisco did

It's a silly headline, I know, but I prepare this blog pretty early in the morning, before I'm actually awake, and then post it while considering some pretty bizarre rush hour traffic I'm about to plunge into...

So I'm sure everyone's heard by now that San Francisco has elected to do something intelligent: the legislators have banned the use of plastic bags in many retail stores. There are still more than 100,000 stores that are exempt (for some reason or another - the conspiracy theorist that hides within me suspects campaign funding, but that's neither here nor there). The point of this post is to congratulate the city on taking the step, and to congratulate the media on blasting the news.

I'd also like to state that here at The Dragon, we've made the conscious decision to purchase canvas bags with the cover of Choices Meant for Gods and the now-famous slogan "Some days, I just want the dragon to win" emblazoned on them to help promote the release of the fantasy novel. My good friend and valuable vendor Marcy Koral, of www.okkoralmarketing.com, met with me yesterday to place the order. Dude, those things aren't cheap! But she's a good vendor; she knows how to get a good deal, where to find the sales and when. So my four-color cover will appear on 250 canvas bags to be distributed in a manner befitting a well-thought-out marketing campaign as I appear at different book signings and conventions this summer and fall. I'll keep you posted!

In the meantime, I want to reiterate what San Francisco has modeled for us this week: plastic bags pollute our environment. They feed sea turtles and trees. (Neither species needs bags in their diet, by the way.) They clog up drains to promote flash floods. The list could go on, but I'll just bore you with facts you already know. So the next time you hear of Sandy Lender appearing near you for a book signing, drop in to get a copy of Choices Meant for Gods and pick up a canvas bag with the cover all fabulous and colorful on the front so you can use it when you go shopping - instead of contributing to the pollution in your neighborhood.

"Some days, I just want the dragon to win."

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home