Today the Dragon Wins

"Today the Dragon Wins" offers information from Fantasy Author and Professional Editor Sandy Lender. You'll also find dragons, wizards, sorcerers, and other fantasy elements necessary for a fabulous story, if you know where to look...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Misbehaving in Candlelight

Sandy Lender is the editor of an international trade publication and the author of the fantasy novels Choices Meant for Gods and Choices Meant for Kings, available from ArcheBooks Publishing, and the series-supporting chapbook, What Choices We Made.

Add to Technorati Favorites

Saturday, May 16, 2009

False Crawls, Blog Site Recommendations, Crutches
Or…The Dragon needs to give a quick Saturday update

First of all, let me just state right here and now that walking with crutches is not easy. I’m typing this from a mostly reclined position on the couch with my right foot propped up on a pillow. There’s an ice bag on my ankle and an oxycodone in my system. I’m not entirely sure what I did. I think the twisting of my ankle while on the beach this morning (“grace” is not my middle name) finally caught up to me late this afternoon or something. Sigh. As the day progressed, the pain and ankle swelling increased until I became mostly immobile around 5:30, 6:00 this evening. Rar.

But, hey, I found a sea turtle false crawl on Bonita Beach this morning. Picture posted above. Woo-hoo! While it’s not as great and wonderful as finding a nest, it means that there’s a turtle out there with eggs to deposit. Perhaps tonight…tomorrow night…

After sea turtle patrol, my friend Joe drove me up to the Gulf Coast Writers Association (GCWA) meeting for my talk on platforming and publishing schtuff. Because I’m insane, I gave him an address to put into the GPS that took us to Winkler Avenue instead of Winkler Road. So we were a wee bit late getting to the meeting, but everyone was in a discussion about publishing when I arrived and seemed very pleasant and patient and ready to hear the presentation. It was a great hour! Folks asked excellent questions after the talk. During the talk, I gave a couple of blog addresses that I want to list here for anyone checking in. These are sites I recommend for literary agent query letter advice. Cheryl has alerted us that the original URL I wrote down for the QueryShark blog had extra words in it. Sigh. So the correct one is here now.

http://www.pubrants.blogspot.com/
http://queryshark.blogspot.com/

If anyone has follow-up questions, you’ve got my e-mail address, and feel free to leave a comment here.

Oh, yes, my twitter address is
http://twitter.com/sandylender.
And, hey, if you’re intrigued by my fantasy work, you can check out some information about Choices Meant for Gods at my publisher’s site, where it’s available at a discount, at this link. Thank you to everyone who attended, and thank you to the group who came to lunch afterward. It was a lovely use of a Saturday!

“Some days, I just want the dragon to win.”
Tags: , , , , , , , ,

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Cheryl said...

FYI -blogqueryshark is gone. Here's the message that I got from the link.

"Blog has been removed
Sorry, the blog at blogqueryshark.blogspot.com has been removed. This address is not available for new blogs."

Great talk today!

11:48 PM  
Anonymous Cheryl said...

Ah - did find this after a Google search: http://queryshark.blogspot.com/

11:49 PM  
Blogger Jeni said...

Sandy - sorry to hear about your ankle mishap. But, at the same time, I found it somehow a bit comforting to know I am not alone in the world of klutzes!
Hope it feels better soon though.

10:47 AM  
Blogger Sandy Lender said...

Jeni, I spent some quality time with an ice bag. Life has improved!

Cheryl, thank you for the heads-up! I changed it in the post for folks who don't read comments. :)

Sandy Lender
"Some days, I just want the dragon to win."

7:54 AM  
Blogger Jane Kennedy Sutton said...

Why did whoever named the streets around here think having two Winklers was a good idea!?! I've made the same mistake. Enjoyed your presentation. Hope the ankle is all better.

Jane Kennedy Sutton
http://janekennedysutton.blogspot.com/

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home