Today the Dragon Wins

"Today the Dragon Wins" offers information from Fantasy Author and Professional Editor Sandy Lender. You'll also find dragons, wizards, sorcerers, and other fantasy elements necessary for a fabulous story, if you know where to look...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Misbehaving in Candlelight

Sandy Lender is the editor of an international trade publication and the author of the fantasy novels Choices Meant for Gods and Choices Meant for Kings, available from ArcheBooks Publishing, and the series-supporting chapbook, What Choices We Made.

Add to Technorati Favorites

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Post Something Pleasant With Me
Yeah, it's kinda like that

My first experiences with blogs centered around my career in public relations. I would check the usual post-your-hate-here sites to see what people were spouting concerning my employer and weigh whether or not the topic was about to "erupt". Perhaps we'll let a few more years pass before I join the throng glorifying in the various...well...a few years, I say.

Needless to say, my view of blogsites with their less-than-erudite juggernauts of conversational pith who graced the sites with their pearls of indispensable wisdom became jaded. When my publisher at ArcheBooks said, hey, all you authors need blogs to market your books (I'm paraphrasing, by the way--Bob's more eloquent than that), I cringed. I had to join that quagmire of ranting lunatics? Just to promote the release of Choices Meant for Gods?

But I don't want to sit around bemoaning the fate of the universe. Enough people do that to support a Superman III plot. Or was that Ghostbusters II? I didn't make it through either one.

And if you've made it this far through this post, I applaud you. All this nonsense leads up to this: TodayTheDragonWins is a breath of fresh air, Kids. We're positive here. We're (gasp in unison) shiny happy people holding hands (R.E.M. reference intended). We celebrate good things and practicality. Sarcasm is fun, and I use it liberally, but too much cynicism will do stuff to your heart--and probably your soul. We're going to have silly crap here that at times will be useful (Grammar Guide) and at times will make you smile (don't have an example yet) and at times will give you glimpses of good writing (got those in storage ready to fling out at ya folks).

So kick off your shoes, sit back, strip off the tie (and, Gentlemen, unless you're John Taylor with a bass strapped over your shoulder, don't just leave your tie dangling against your lapels...he can do sexy...the rest of ya, put the tie on the tie tree in the closet), and think of something good that happened today. Post it! The world is waiting for powerful energy. Like they learned in Monsters Inc., laughter generates a lotta energy...

"Some days, you just want the dragon to win."

4 Comments:

Blogger Gale said...

Sandy, What a novel idea! Write something pleasent...hmmm took Haybug to the orthodonist? Felt a case of the creeping crud begin to slowly over take my entire being? I sorry darling I guess this is my sorry excuse for wit. Love You gale

9:26 PM  
Blogger Gale said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:26 PM  
Blogger Sandy Lender said...

Gale,
After, what, two months, I can tell this was a difficult exercise for ya. You get an A for effort. After you've been with us a while, we'll infect you (if I can convince people that they won't get flamed for posting in this forum).

Sandy L.

"Some days, you just want the dragon to win."

9:02 AM  
Blogger Tina Murray said...

Sandy, your blog looks great. I agree that starting a blog is a challenge, but you're off to a fine start. Looking forward to reading your book.

8:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home