Today the Dragon Wins

"Today the Dragon Wins" offers information from Fantasy Author and Professional Editor Sandy Lender. You'll also find dragons, wizards, sorcerers, and other fantasy elements necessary for a fabulous story, if you know where to look...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Misbehaving in Candlelight

Sandy Lender is the editor of an international trade publication and the author of the fantasy novels Choices Meant for Gods and Choices Meant for Kings, available from ArcheBooks Publishing, and the series-supporting chapbook, What Choices We Made.

Add to Technorati Favorites

Monday, January 21, 2008

Monday, January 21, 2008
Word of the Day
Fatalistic
(adjective) — submission to fate (bwuahahahaha)

Word in an excerpt from my fantasy novel (because this one needs context):
Henry laughed a full belly laugh then. "Well, when you put it that way, I suppose I better comply! Look, I'm sorry to be so brash, but, you have to admit, it's a little strange, what, sitting here like this. I was pretty convinced the only time I'd see you is at death when Dezurine would bring me before you and you'd shake your head and say something like, 'Henry, you've wasted your life on ale and women and stupid drunken brawls. Get your hind end to the underworld where your kind belongs.' Yet here I am in your presence in my friend's house, and you're asking me to risk my life spying on Ofersey'n Jamieson, a sorcerer, Drake."
"Let me explain what it is I need from you," Master Rothahn said, not giving the man any hint whether or not his fatalistic attitude about his afterlife was correct.
– page 175 of the fantasy novel Choices Meant for Gods

Your turn! I thought it ironic to use a foreboding little word like fatalistic as we skid through the first month of the New Year. Does it get your creative juices flowing? Well, then, hit the comment link here and share your dark and dreary nuggets o' comfort and joy with us! Bwuahahahaha…

"Some days, I just want the dragon to win."

Tags: , , ,

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home