Today the Dragon Wins

"Today the Dragon Wins" offers information from Fantasy Author and Professional Editor Sandy Lender. You'll also find dragons, wizards, sorcerers, and other fantasy elements necessary for a fabulous story, if you know where to look...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Misbehaving in Candlelight

Sandy Lender is the editor of an international trade publication and the author of the fantasy novels Choices Meant for Gods and Choices Meant for Kings, available from ArcheBooks Publishing, and the series-supporting chapbook, What Choices We Made.

Add to Technorati Favorites

Monday, February 25, 2008

Monday, February 25, 2008
Word of the Day
Primeval
(adjective) — original; ancient; primitive; belonging to the first ages (from Latin meaning "in the first period of life" or "first")

Word in a Sentence: In the fantasy novel Choices Meant for Gods, the edras and ryfel that attack Chariss and her friends are primeval demons from the first war of Onweald's history.

Your turn! What early and age-old ideas can you come up with to use today's Word of the Day in a sentence of your own? Share it with us in the comment field so everyone can ingrain this new vocabulary word in the brain today!

"Some days, I just want the dragon to win."
Tags: , , , , ,

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeni said...

There are some days when I think a healthy primeval scream would perhaps help to lessen my stress levels but I fear it might also do much damage to the windows in neighboring homes as well as to the eardrums of many of my good neighbors - to say nothing of what shock it would impart to my family.

3:31 PM  
Blogger Sandy Lender said...

Holy cow, Jeni,
I'm with you there. I would freak out the neighbors...and they'd call the police...but it would feel sooooo good. Sounding the barbaric "yawp". Bwuahahahaha.

Sandy L.
"Some days, I just want the dragon to win."

7:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home