Today the Dragon Wins

"Today the Dragon Wins" offers information from Fantasy Author and Professional Editor Sandy Lender. You'll also find dragons, wizards, sorcerers, and other fantasy elements necessary for a fabulous story, if you know where to look...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Misbehaving in Candlelight

Sandy Lender is the editor of an international trade publication and the author of the fantasy novels Choices Meant for Gods and Choices Meant for Kings, available from ArcheBooks Publishing, and the series-supporting chapbook, What Choices We Made.

Add to Technorati Favorites

Sunday, March 09, 2008

Barry Manilow Rocks the Inspirational House
Or...The Dragon offers you these powerful words from The Man

Folks come out of the woodwork when I mention how Barry Manilow has influenced my outlook and my writing-and not just my novel Choices Meant for Gods, but all kinds of writing that I do. When I post about Barry, I get a few e-mails, a few comments, a few phone calls...and that's just in one day. The phenomenon will continue during the next few days, and I LOVE hearing from fellow Barry Manilow International Fan Club members, and from random folks who like the words and the melodies together...

In honor of one commenter whom I can relate to quite well right now, and in honor of all my friends who are "goin' through it" right now, here's one that can lift us up any day of the week.

I Made it Through the Rain
as sung by Mr. Barry Manilow

We dreamers have our ways
Of facing rainy days
And somehow we survive
We keep the feelings warm
Protect them from the storm
Until our time arrives
Then one day the sun appears
And we come shining through those lonely years
I made it through the rain
I kept my world protected
I made it through the rain
I kept my point of view
I made it through the rain
And found myself respected
By the others who
Got rained on too
And made it through

When friends are hard to find
And life seems so unkind
Sometimes you feel so afraid
Just aim beyond the clouds
And rise above the crowds
And start your own parade
'Cause when I chased my fears away
That's when I knew that I could finally say
I made it through the rain
I kept my world protected
I made it through the rain
I kept my point of view
I made it through the rain
And found myself respected
By the others who
Got rained on too
And made it through


Believe me, I have just come through 14 lonely years. And from where I'm standing, there are some bizarre trials to go through yet, but the sun still shines. If it's shining down on me, it's shining down on you, too.

"Some days, I just want the dragon to win."
Tags: , , ,

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Laura M. Crawford said...

Good to hear your spirits are picking up! Just so you know, the sun is shining here in Minnesota today too! Barry's awesome, have fun at the concert!

Laura :)

12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home