Today the Dragon Wins

"Today the Dragon Wins" offers information from Fantasy Author and Professional Editor Sandy Lender. You'll also find dragons, wizards, sorcerers, and other fantasy elements necessary for a fabulous story, if you know where to look...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Misbehaving in Candlelight

Sandy Lender is the editor of an international trade publication and the author of the fantasy novels Choices Meant for Gods and Choices Meant for Kings, available from ArcheBooks Publishing, and the series-supporting chapbook, What Choices We Made.

Add to Technorati Favorites

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Journaling Topics for Your Writing Enjoyment
Or…The Dragon gets distracted easily by wildlife

Working from home has many advantages. And there's one bizarre disadvantage for me. My den, which faces this well-planted common ground among the condos where I rent, has four very tall glass windows that are about a foot off the ground. I can see all the wildlife that scampers by outside. Some of that wildlife is aware that by sitting outside the door (which contains one of these four tall windows) and peeking in longingly, one can obtain food from the guilt-ridden human inside.

Yesterday, while I was attempting to work, the following wildlife tried to seduce me with their whiles. A raccoon. A duck. A dove. A squirrel. What surprised me is that the squirrel came alone. She usually has a friend…

Do you have woodland creatures that you can blog about today? They're great for making up little stories for your journaling exercises, you know. I've got a lizard that lives on the front lanai who's probably going to end up in a short story one of these days.

"Some days, I just want the dragon to win."
Tags: , , ,

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home