Today the Dragon Wins

"Today the Dragon Wins" offers information from Fantasy Author and Professional Editor Sandy Lender. You'll also find dragons, wizards, sorcerers, and other fantasy elements necessary for a fabulous story, if you know where to look...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Misbehaving in Candlelight

Sandy Lender is the editor of an international trade publication and the author of the fantasy novels Choices Meant for Gods and Choices Meant for Kings, available from ArcheBooks Publishing, and the series-supporting chapbook, What Choices We Made.

Add to Technorati Favorites

Monday, November 03, 2008

Good Monday Morning
Or...takin care of bizniss

Welcome to Monday morning. I hope everyone used their "extra hour" wisely this weekend.

I'm making some changes here at Today the Dragon Wins. First, we're going to stop this Word of the Day program and change to Word of the Week. And because I like alliteration so much, we'll do it on Wednesdays. Nice? But before we make the switch, we have a winner from the October Word of the Day contest that I need to announce (for organizational reasons, we'll be making that announcement tomorrow--I hope). The delay should surprise NO ONE. Criminy, if something in my life was NOT delayed, that would be the surprise.

What else?
OH! Why, of course! I'm the featured author over at Author Island today. I'm not entirely clear on what all that means, but I know I've volunteered to give away a book as a prize and I'm in the Author Spotlight on the Author Island blog. How cool is that? DeNita, the hostess of all of the above, is posting something nice about me at the blog and I'll jog over there with something later. I have the afternoon off from work because my radiation treatments start today (what's that? they were supposed to start last month? yes, but they were delayed) and today's appointment is supposed to be more involved than the rest so...I figured time off from work to deal with that was necessary.

All this to say check back tomorrow for the contest winners (there were two contests last month!) and check back Wednesday for Word of the Week and check back Thursday for another "web appearance" and...wow...just check back. It's always a joy to hear from you!

"Some days, I just want the dragon to win."
Tags:
,

Labels:

19 Comments:

Blogger AuthorIsland.com said...

Hi Sandy!!

Congrats on being AuthorIsland.com's Author of the Week this week!!! Hope you enjoy your week in the spotlight!

Hugs on your appointment today - healing prayers heading your way!

Have a great week and take care,
DeNita
AuthorIsland.com

10:28 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Congrats on being author of the week.

11:32 AM  
Blogger Ruth C. said...

Congratulations on being the Author of the Week on Author Island.

((((Cyber prayers headed your way))))

11:51 AM  
Blogger Laura M. Crawford said...

Hey, Sandy!

Prayers are already on the way. I've been writing my NaNoWriMo novel and wrote my personal best last night...8,305 words!! I couldn't start on Nov. 1 because we had a Halloween party to go to.

Have a great day, and don't worry about delays. They happen all the time. Like John Lennon sang, "Life happens when you're making other plans."

Laura :)

12:19 PM  
Blogger Tara W said...

Congratulations on being the Author of the Week at AuthorIsland.com!

1:40 PM  
Blogger felinewyvern said...

Hi Sandy. Congratulations on being Author Islands author of the week. Your book sounds really intruiging and as it has dragons in it I am very interested in reading it :D

By the way I always want the dragon to win!! :D

2:00 PM  
Blogger TamiC said...

Hey Sandy,

Congratulations on being the Author of the Week over at Author Island. It is always great to find new authors!

3:02 PM  
Blogger Sandy Lender said...

Hi there DeNita!
And thank you for spotlighting me this week!
Sandy L.
"Some days, I just want the dragon to win."

3:47 PM  
Blogger Sandy Lender said...

Hello to Karen, Ruth, Tara & Tamic,
It's good to see new signatures here at The Dragon!
Your names are goin' in the Duran Duran tour cap for the book drawing, my friends!
Sandy L.
"Some days, I just want the dragon to win."

3:48 PM  
Blogger Sandy Lender said...

Ilona,
I've got your name in the Duran Duran tour cap, too.
If you're a dragon fan, you should join the Dragon Discussions group I have on my Book Place page. I've got a link to it on the AuthorIslandAuthorNews blog this afternoon, but here it is for any and all to copy and paste:

http://morganmandelbooks.ning.com/group/dragondiscussions

I only post a discussion once a week because, let's face it, we're all swamped.

Enjoy!
And welcome...
Sandy L.
"Some days, I just want the dragon to win."

3:51 PM  
Blogger Sandy Lender said...

Laura,
Every time something gets delayed these days, I just think of Marlin telling Dori, "you're one of those fish that causes delays."
Very cute.
Nice word count! Go Laura!
Sandy L.
"Some days, I just want the dragon to win."

3:52 PM  
Blogger Estella said...

Congrats on being Author of the Week at Author Island!

5:04 PM  
Blogger Kimberly B. said...

Hey there! Congratulations on being Author of the Week (and having the book of the day!)!

5:39 PM  
Blogger binabug said...

congrats on being Author of the Week!

5:44 PM  
Blogger keatonkat said...

Hi Sandy!

Wow! Sounds like you already have a TON of stuff going on and now you are also Author Island's Author of the Week! Congrats!

I love learning about new (to me) authors so will be delving into your web pages anon (lol).

Best of luck with the radiation treatments. Hope they do what they are supposed to and the delay doesn't set you back too badly.

Here's hoping this comment isn't delayed! I will definitely be "checking back"!

keatonkat

6:10 PM  
Blogger littlequeenie29 said...

Congratulations on being Author Island's Author of the Week. Great way to start the month and holiday season. Again, congrats!!!

7:21 PM  
Blogger Debby said...

Congrats on being Author Island's Author of hte Week. I will enjoy visiting with you there.

8:32 PM  
Blogger windycindy said...

Hello, Congratulations on being the Author of the Week on Author Island!
You have a wonderful site. Thanks, Cindi
jchoppes[at]hotmail[dot]com

9:57 PM  
Blogger Dena said...

Hi Sandy, Congrats on being AuthorIsland.coms Author of the week!! I hope your treatments go well.

10:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home