Today the Dragon Wins

"Today the Dragon Wins" offers information from Fantasy Author and Professional Editor Sandy Lender. You'll also find dragons, wizards, sorcerers, and other fantasy elements necessary for a fabulous story, if you know where to look...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Misbehaving in Candlelight

Sandy Lender is the editor of an international trade publication and the author of the fantasy novels Choices Meant for Gods and Choices Meant for Kings, available from ArcheBooks Publishing, and the series-supporting chapbook, What Choices We Made.

Add to Technorati Favorites

Friday, January 19, 2007

A Week of the Wolf at The Dragon
Or…I hosted the villain from Choices with no worries

How did I get through the whole week without making a reference to Duran Duran’s Hungry Like the Wolf? Well, apparently, I didn’t. But it was a pleasure to host author Jamieson Wolf here at The Dragon yesterday to help promote his new fiction collection Garden City and to get some information out about eBook publishing. His first traditional publication, Hope Falls, will be available in about a year or so, and I intend to have us hear from him again! In the meantime, oh, Jamieson, that wait is a killer! I know because I’m still waiting on the release of Choices Meant for Gods. It’s hard to know your baby is in the womb, ready for the world, but the publisher’s schedule isn’t quite ready to let her go yet…

Now, to explain something. I met Jamieson through a writers group that you can find at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/thewriterslife/ and I highly recommend them. Great people. (We chat a lot.) When Jamieson joined the group, I nearly fell off my chair. Who would have thought I’d run into someone with the name of the villain from Choices Meant for Gods? Sure, it’s a small world, but…THAT small? And, as luck would have it, he wasn’t offended when I told him he had the name of a mad, evil sorcerer who tormented my main character her whole life. ;)

I’d like to hear from the visitors who’ve read the review of Garden City and who’ve read the interview from yesterday (or who participated in the interview) to see how the coverage was useful in your writing life.

“Some days, you just want the dragon to win.”

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home