Today the Dragon Wins

"Today the Dragon Wins" offers information from Fantasy Author and Professional Editor Sandy Lender. You'll also find dragons, wizards, sorcerers, and other fantasy elements necessary for a fabulous story, if you know where to look...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Misbehaving in Candlelight

Sandy Lender is the editor of an international trade publication and the author of the fantasy novels Choices Meant for Gods and Choices Meant for Kings, available from ArcheBooks Publishing, and the series-supporting chapbook, What Choices We Made.

Add to Technorati Favorites

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Word of the Day
Tuesday, February 20, 2007
Deliquesce (intransitive verb) – To melt away, to disappear as if by melting (from Latin)

Word in a Sentence: (get ready for it – this one’s hyper-romantic) In my novel Choices Meant for Gods, Nigel wonders if his heart deliquesces within him the first time he sees Chariss bound into his family’s dining room all smiles and excitement from her encounter in the training arena.

Your turn! Do you have something equally obnoxious you can write with our word of the day? Maybe something a little Wizard of Oz for me?

“Some days, you just want the dragon to win.”

Tags: Choices Meant for Gods, Sandy Lender, grammar, word

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeni said...

I wish there were a way I could get certain cells in my body to deliquesce but unfortunately, fat only seems to do that in a hot frying pan. Go figure!

1:42 PM  
Blogger Sandy Lender said...

That's funny, Jeni...I'd write more but I'll be late for work! Until they install the "Deliquesce" phaser in my car, I still have to deal with the traffic in front of me each morning...

Sandy L.
"Some days, I just want the dragon to win."

7:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home