Today the Dragon Wins

"Today the Dragon Wins" offers information from Fantasy Author and Professional Editor Sandy Lender. You'll also find dragons, wizards, sorcerers, and other fantasy elements necessary for a fabulous story, if you know where to look...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Misbehaving in Candlelight

Sandy Lender is the editor of an international trade publication and the author of the fantasy novels Choices Meant for Gods and Choices Meant for Kings, available from ArcheBooks Publishing, and the series-supporting chapbook, What Choices We Made.

Add to Technorati Favorites

Wednesday, June 20, 2007


The Dragon's Not Ready Yet
Or...it's like a Neurotic Outsiders song...The Story of My Life
My friend Michelle Weston took this picture at my first book signing a couple weekends ago. Hands in motion, trying to get everything "just so" at the table, I wasn't quite ready to pose or anything. But I thought this was a fabulous image to summarize the story of my life at the moment.
I'm not quite ready yet.
The internet is still "down" at home. We've got four magazines going to press at work (right now...final proofs are printing while I type like a madwoman because there ain't nuttin' else to do while we all stare at each other waiting for pizza to arrive). And there are a few other things going on that I'm not going to bore you with. That's why I keep Nigel around. (That and he's a gorgeous hunk of a man to look at. Wow. Not a bad muse to come home to of the evenin'...)
Anyway. I'm not posting this to ramble about disorganization. I'm posting this to get organized with this week's installment about the Choices Meant for Gods Online Book Tour. I want all ya'll to know what's going on this week. First of all, I want you to check out http://www.authorisland.com/ thoroughly. Yes, I'm there. The lovely DeNita Tuttle has this marketing machine in order, let me tell you. And she's got me in the Fantasy section (Of course! Sandy Lender is the newest fantasy author extraordinaire, doncha know! Nigel is rolling his eyes. He wants the computer.) If you check out the front page, DeNita mentions the goodies I sent her as give-aways in her "On My Front Porch" section. She's got bookmarks and bags and books and autographed posters. (Oh, didn't you know you could win an autographed poster of Choices Meant for Gods? Bwuahahahahaha. Go to http://www.authorisland.com/ and figure out how, my pretty pretty, Barbarella.) Anyway, DeNita's got my interview under "Interviews" happening (today) so check that out. She had a fabulous question about who I'd like to have play Nigel and Chariss in a movie...boy howdy...
Tomorrow, I'll be at http://sandylender.blogspot.com/. Yes, you're reading that correctly. I've let Nigel interview me. Don't let anyone tell you that sort of experience isn't surreal...
Then Friday I'll be at http://www.mywritersworld.blogspot.com/, which is managed by the fabulous Marilyn Morris. Marilyn and I are kindred spirits because we're both from military families. Now, Marilyn's dad was in the service deeper into her childhood than mine was, so she has far more experiences and did more overseas traveling than I did, but we can swap "how long did it take you to adjust to a new school" stories when we're not doing interviews. Marilyn asked me a couple of "new" questions that I wasn't expecting for Friday's interview, which was refreshing and interesting. I got to talk about Electra Woman and Dinah Girl! So I encourage all ya'll visitors to Today the Dragon Wins to visit that blog on the 22nd and get involved in the discussion. I'd like to hear about your superheroes...
So that's this week in a nutshell and I look forward to seeing you around the 'net!
"Some days, I just want the dragon to win."

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home