Today the Dragon Wins

"Today the Dragon Wins" offers information from Fantasy Author and Professional Editor Sandy Lender. You'll also find dragons, wizards, sorcerers, and other fantasy elements necessary for a fabulous story, if you know where to look...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Misbehaving in Candlelight

Sandy Lender is the editor of an international trade publication and the author of the fantasy novels Choices Meant for Gods and Choices Meant for Kings, available from ArcheBooks Publishing, and the series-supporting chapbook, What Choices We Made.

Add to Technorati Favorites

Sunday, July 22, 2007

Word of the Day
Sunday, July 22, 2007
We return to "regular-English" words in Word of the Day now that the tour is over and, I swear, my muse is THRILLED with the one I selected for today because he got to pick the example sentence. Now, if you all know the muse that haunts me and helps me with marketing, you'll understand when you read the sentence(s) why he's so thrilled… The reason I've selected the word "success" today, even though it's a pretty easy one that everyone already knows the definition of, is because the Choices Meant for Gods Online Book Tour was a raging success and I just can't believe how fabulous it turned out. I'm still amazed by it all.

Success (noun) — having achieved something that you desired (from the Latin successus)

Word in a Sentence (from the epic fantasy novel Choices Meant for Gods, Chariss is "training" Nigel, page 119): But Chariss was a kind teacher and wanted her pupil to taste success. When she felt him practically rejoicing at finding what seemed to be a trace of energy from the past, she let it fuel the explosion and released him abruptly.

Hmm. Doesn't that appear odd out of context? No wonder Nigel's thrilled. Naughty muse.

Your turn! Any successful sentences you can write for us today?

"Some days, I just want the dragon to win."

Tags: , , ,

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Jeni said...

When I completed my college courses, got my hard-earned degree, I considered myself to be a "success" because, other than having had three children, it was pretty much the only other thing I had wanted, worked at and completed.

8:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home