Today the Dragon Wins

"Today the Dragon Wins" offers information from Fantasy Author and Professional Editor Sandy Lender. You'll also find dragons, wizards, sorcerers, and other fantasy elements necessary for a fabulous story, if you know where to look...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Misbehaving in Candlelight

Sandy Lender is the editor of an international trade publication and the author of the fantasy novels Choices Meant for Gods and Choices Meant for Kings, available from ArcheBooks Publishing, and the series-supporting chapbook, What Choices We Made.

Add to Technorati Favorites

Friday, February 29, 2008

Friday, February 29, 2008
Word of the Day
Execrable
(adjective) — abominable; abhorrent; very bad; deserving to be detested; wretched (from Middle English, Old French and Latin meaning "to execrate" (denounce))

Word in a Sentence: In the fantasy novel Choices Meant for Gods, the only reason Julette deigns to tolerate the execrable evil sorcerer Jamieson Drake as her partner in crime is because she knows his power will be useful as her horrid plans swing into motion.

Your turn! Put those evil and detestable thinking caps on and give me a wretched ol' sentence with today's vocabulary word. I avoided mentioning any "idiots" in mine, but everything's fair game in yours. Let's see what you can do to help us remember the meaning of this one!

"Some days, I just want the dragon to win."
Tags: , , , , ,

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I visit often because I enjoy reading your comments and I really like the Word of the Day and the Quotes.
JOYE

6:12 PM  
Blogger Sandy Lender said...

To Joye,
Fabulous! It's good to have you stopping in and I'm glad you let me know you're "here". I'm sorry my comments have been rather jaded the past week or so. I've let too many "writer's life" issues affect me in a bad way, and that shouldn't be the case. So I'm taking my own inspirational advice and getting over it! Woo-hoo!

We'll keep the Word of the Day and Inspirational Quotes on the positive and optimistic side.

Glad to have you at The Dragon.

Sandy L.
"Some days, I just want the dragon to win."

12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home