Today the Dragon Wins

"Today the Dragon Wins" offers information from Fantasy Author and Professional Editor Sandy Lender. You'll also find dragons, wizards, sorcerers, and other fantasy elements necessary for a fabulous story, if you know where to look...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Misbehaving in Candlelight

Sandy Lender is the editor of an international trade publication and the author of the fantasy novels Choices Meant for Gods and Choices Meant for Kings, available from ArcheBooks Publishing, and the series-supporting chapbook, What Choices We Made.

Add to Technorati Favorites

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Word of the Day
Thursday, February 14, 2008
Cynical (adjective) — mocking; bitter; not trusting the motives of others; not trusting the virtue of others

Word in a Sentence (a few of them for context):
"Nigel, let me give you some advice. You don't want to marry for love because people fall out of love, and then there's nothing left between them."
He stared back at her in shock. "I believe that's the most cynical statement I've ever heard in my life." — from the high fantasy novel Choices Meant for Gods, page 194

Your turn! Bwuahahaha. Do you have any barbed and "lovely" sentences for us on this Valentine's Day?

"Some days, I just want the dragon to win."
Tags: , , ,

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeni said...

Hearing all this talk about Valentine's Day, love being in the air, chocolates, roses, etc., while I sit here alone really opens up the true cynic in me.

7:49 PM  
Blogger Sandy Lender said...

JENI!
I miss you! I'd eat chocolate with you if I were there, Darlin'. And it would be great.

Oh, but the roses, in true cynical fashion, would be the deepest purple we could find to mimic the black of death, and we'd pluck their petals and trail them along the sidewalk behind us as we walked in our Nancy Sinatra boots all over the hearts of those who've wronged us in the past.

:)
How's that for cynical, Baby? Bwuahahahaha.

Sandy L.
"Some days, I just want the dragon to win."

9:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home