Today the Dragon Wins

"Today the Dragon Wins" offers information from Fantasy Author and Professional Editor Sandy Lender. You'll also find dragons, wizards, sorcerers, and other fantasy elements necessary for a fabulous story, if you know where to look...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Misbehaving in Candlelight

Sandy Lender is the editor of an international trade publication and the author of the fantasy novels Choices Meant for Gods and Choices Meant for Kings, available from ArcheBooks Publishing, and the series-supporting chapbook, What Choices We Made.

Add to Technorati Favorites

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Tuesday Update
Or...the dragon hangs her head in shame

I must apologize for neglecting all you visitors. Cancer is a horrific excuse, but the great news is I'm doing well. I'm recovering nicely from my most recent surgery/procedure and my first chemo treatment didn't knock me out. Woo-hoo! So I'll get back to posting with some regularity as we go through this little mess. For today, this is just an update to let you know I have a guest blog for you writing fiends over at Capes and Coffins that you should find "fantastical." He he.

In the meantime, be sure you've got your copy of Choices Meant for Gods! (they've restocked it at Amazon)
The second novel Choices Meant for Kings has been moved up on the production schedule; the reviews and marketing blurbs are comin' in like mad and they're all insanely great! So as soon as I have a release date, I'll shout it from the rooftops and let you know how to pre-order. But get the first book so you're not trying to play catch-up while everyone's talking about the second book. It's going to be like Harry Potter when this thing hits the shelves. (Seriously...you should read these reviews, people. It's going to be big!)

Have a great Tuesday!
"Some days, I just want the dragon to win."
Tags: , , ,

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Stewart Sternberg (half of L.P. Styles) said...

As a fellow cancer victim/survivor, let me wish you well. Good luck. I also recommend eating at least one really large chocolate bar. It may not do a lot to alleviate the cancer or the side effects of medication, but it's chocolate!

11:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sandy, please know that there are people out here praying for and thinking of you. And if you take the suggestion of a chocolate bar mentioned earlier, I would have to suggest the Dove chocolate bars;)

10:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sandy, please know that there are people out here praying for and thinking of you. And if you take the suggestion of a chocolate bar mentioned earlier, I would have to suggest the Dove chocolate bars;)

10:02 PM  
Blogger Sandy Lender said...

To Stewart and other folks,
Thank you and yes, I agree, chocolate is a MUST. I totally ran out (which boggles my mind) after the move this weekend, so I was forced to munch on the Dolci Frutta meltable disks that you're supposed to melt and dip fruit in.

So I guess I didn't "totally" run out, but you fellow chocaholics understand what I mean. :)

Sandy L.
"Some days, I just want the dragon to win."

7:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sandy, the Dolci chocolate disks are tremendous!! We always eat a few before melting to dip the fruit. I am still very concerned for you ( both physically and emotionally) and I pray that you continue to do so well (physically, emotionally, and in you authoring endeavors). As far as challenges in your personal life go - I say take it to trial and let it cost the (to put it nicely) ex a few grand... of course that's just my biased opinion.:)

12:04 PM  
Blogger Sandy Lender said...

To my fellow chocolate fans out there, I'm going to try a new, fast, easy chocolate recipe designed for one-person-craving-chocolate-late-at-night. I'll post it as soon as I make sure it's good, but it looks like one of those groundbreaking, earthshattering, where-has-this-been-all-my-life items that all chocoholics should memorize and use with frequency.
:)
Sandy L.
"Some days, I just want the dragon to win."

6:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home