Today the Dragon Wins

"Today the Dragon Wins" offers information from Fantasy Author and Professional Editor Sandy Lender. You'll also find dragons, wizards, sorcerers, and other fantasy elements necessary for a fabulous story, if you know where to look...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Misbehaving in Candlelight

Sandy Lender is the editor of an international trade publication and the author of the fantasy novels Choices Meant for Gods and Choices Meant for Kings, available from ArcheBooks Publishing, and the series-supporting chapbook, What Choices We Made.

Add to Technorati Favorites

Monday, October 06, 2008

There Once Was a Dragon…
For the month of July, I invited writers to submit a story, poem or other creative writing piece that contained a dragon or mention of a dragon to entertain you happy visitors. I'm proud to announce that a few of my writer friends not only accepted the challenge…they did a nice job with it. You should be entertained! But why is it now October? Well, if you were following this blog during the month of July, a few things happened to "disrupt" regular posting. Some of those things have been solved. (The divorce FINALLY ended at the end of September and I moved out of the apartment that was in legal turmoil into a place that is NOT in legal turmoil. Hooray for me!) I can post amid the other things (medical treatments) without much difficulty because marketing and writing are what keep me sane. ***insert maniacal laughter here***

Because I'd like you visitors to encourage the writers and authors participating in this month's dragon stories, and I'd like to hear what other writers and readers around the blogosphere think about dragons and dragon lore and dragon poetry, etc., we're holding a contest for commentators to win some coo-el free stuff in conjunction with the "There Once Was a Dragon" story postings. If you follow the commenting guidelines, you could win an electronic copy of the romance novel A Chance to Say Yes by participant Tina Murray, a one-year subscription to the financial e-zine from Laura Crawford of Crawford Writing and Marketing, and an electronic copy of the new short story anthology What Choices We Made by host Sandy Lender. If I can get it together, I'll write a new dragon story for you all as well.

So sit back, relax, enjoy the dragon stories a few of my author and writer friends have prepared for you (starting tomorrow), and comment on them to enter the contest for the free goodies. But when you comment, you MUST include your return e-mail address. You can put it in "code" if you wish. MyName at yahoo dot com. Whatever the case may be. I can figure that out. What I can't figure out is who the devil you are if you log in anonymously and set your blogger surfing on "no reply". Then you miss out on winning the cool stuff. I have no way to contact you when I pull your strip of paper out of the Duran Duran tour cap…

Enjoy and good luck!

"Some days, I just want the dragon to win."

Tags: , , , , ,

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home