Today the Dragon Wins

"Today the Dragon Wins" offers information from Fantasy Author and Professional Editor Sandy Lender. You'll also find dragons, wizards, sorcerers, and other fantasy elements necessary for a fabulous story, if you know where to look...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Misbehaving in Candlelight

Sandy Lender is the editor of an international trade publication and the author of the fantasy novels Choices Meant for Gods and Choices Meant for Kings, available from ArcheBooks Publishing, and the series-supporting chapbook, What Choices We Made.

Add to Technorati Favorites

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Word of the Day
Tuesday, January 9, 2007
Horripilation (noun) – goose bumps on the skin and the standing/bristling of body hair from chill or fear (the word originates in Latin)

Word in a Sentence: Watching the first movie in the Aliens series no longer causes horripilation for me, but watching The Grudge certainly does!

Your turn! Get creative, folks because I know ya’ll can do better than my pathetic "fear" sentence.

(If you're looking for the teaser scene for the vampire story, it's way down the page now. Look for the "Saving a Vampire from the Summer Sunrise" post in the list of articles at left.)

"Some days, you just want the dragon to win."

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeni said...

I opened the door to find a state trooper standing there. What on earth was a state trooper doing at my front door at 4 a.m. and why was he shining that huge flashlight directly in my face?
When he asked specifically for my son, the horripilation sent through my body and the into every hair down both arms was terrible.

11:02 PM  
Blogger Sandy Lender said...

I can see it. I think there's an extra word in there, but I got it. Your son, Jeni...I think he should stay out of the car... ;)

Sandy L.
"Some days, you just want the dragon to win."

10:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home