Today the Dragon Wins

"Today the Dragon Wins" offers information from Fantasy Author and Professional Editor Sandy Lender. You'll also find dragons, wizards, sorcerers, and other fantasy elements necessary for a fabulous story, if you know where to look...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Misbehaving in Candlelight

Sandy Lender is the editor of an international trade publication and the author of the fantasy novels Choices Meant for Gods and Choices Meant for Kings, available from ArcheBooks Publishing, and the series-supporting chapbook, What Choices We Made.

Add to Technorati Favorites

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Something Else Writers Love to Do
Or…when you’re not writing…

This topic actually came to me because I have to put gas in my car. There is nothing about that task that I can find peace with. Nothing. I wanted to rant about it, but we don’t rant here at The Dragon. We discuss writing, grammar, Choices Meant for Gods, etc.

SO! In that vein, let’s turn this around. What is something I love doing? (Besides writing.) Holy cow, there’s a list. It includes listening to music, playing I’m-Gonna-Get-Your-Toes with my pet bird, and finding ways to drive my soon-to-be-ex-husband slowly insane with clever little dropped hints of homicidal tendencies. (I can be subtle.)

But who cares about my list?

What’s your list? What do you writers who visit The Dragon enjoy doing in your non-writing time? I mean, even writers have lives (believe it or not) outside of the fantasy and non-fantasy worlds we create for our characters. Give me some feedback here so I can figure out if I’m completely insane or just moderately so.

“Some days, you just want the dragon to win.”

Tags: , , , ,

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeni said...

When I am not glued to the computer - a pose my kids tell me I had to have been born into as they can't seem to get me away from this thing - occasionally I will read a book, sit and watch to see what neat little things one or both of my sweetheart grandkids might be doing besides ripping up the house, but often it seems all I do when not at the computer is cook, wash dishes, eat and then, listen to the absurd commentary provided by my 15-year-old stepgranddaughter who has narry a clue about the real world!

What's that you say - you don't believe me? Hey, I didn't title my blog "Down River Drivel" for nothing you know!

7:56 PM  
Blogger Jeni said...

Oh - I forgot - sometimes I venture forth into the crafting side of life - depends on how much energy I have to rip out rows of knitting or crocheted patterns or picking out the threads of seams that didn't quite go in correctly on the first couple of tries on the old sewing machine. But those things are only for days when I am feeling really, really ambitious.

7:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home