Today the Dragon Wins

"Today the Dragon Wins" offers information from Fantasy Author and Professional Editor Sandy Lender. You'll also find dragons, wizards, sorcerers, and other fantasy elements necessary for a fabulous story, if you know where to look...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Misbehaving in Candlelight

Sandy Lender is the editor of an international trade publication and the author of the fantasy novels Choices Meant for Gods and Choices Meant for Kings, available from ArcheBooks Publishing, and the series-supporting chapbook, What Choices We Made.

Add to Technorati Favorites

Saturday, February 03, 2007

Word of the Day
Saturday, February 3, 2007
Squamous (adjective) – Scaly, covered with scales, formed with scales (from Latin squama)

Word in a Sentence: In my novel Choices Meant for Gods, the evil sorceress Julette takes on a squamous nature when she metamorphoses into her dragon form to eat her enemies.

Your turn! How can you use this odd word in a sentence? I know, I’m putting a burden on the ol’ grey matter on a weekend! I apologize!

“Some days, you just want the dragon to win.”

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Jeni said...

One of my granddaughter's favorite characters is squamous - "The Little Mermaid."

2:50 PM  
Blogger M. B. Weston said...

In my second novel, Out of the Shadows, Gabriella wakes up out of a fever and sees a squamous, winged reptile staring at her.

5:21 PM  
Blogger Sandy Lender said...

Oooh! Jeni! Please read this as if I were speaking with the voice of Dori from Finding Nemo: "The Little Mermaid! I've always wanted to watch that movie."

Sebastian was the best!

:)

And, Michelle, Darling, I'm so very offended that I haven't gotten to read the second novel yet...

Sandy L.
"Some days, you just want the dragon to win."

10:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home