Today the Dragon Wins

"Today the Dragon Wins" offers information from Fantasy Author and Professional Editor Sandy Lender. You'll also find dragons, wizards, sorcerers, and other fantasy elements necessary for a fabulous story, if you know where to look...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Misbehaving in Candlelight

Sandy Lender is the editor of an international trade publication and the author of the fantasy novels Choices Meant for Gods and Choices Meant for Kings, available from ArcheBooks Publishing, and the series-supporting chapbook, What Choices We Made.

Add to Technorati Favorites

Sunday, February 25, 2007

Writers Don’t Like to Waste Time
Or…Get the senior citizens out of my way

I’m breaking the cardinal rule of The Dragon: no ranting. But here it is. I’m a writer. I don’t have time to screw around waiting in long lines at the post office, bank, grocery store, pharmacy (yes, I take migraine maintenance medication that has to be refilled and the mail-in plans have been…ah…interrupted…as of late), oil-change shops, etc., because senior citizens who have all day every day to take care of their business are standing in front of me on a Saturday morning.

Now, don’t get me wrong, I like grandparents. Nice folks (usually). But, People, while I’m at work paying your Social Security check, could you go to the post office or the bank or wherever and take care of your business so that the working people can do this business when we’re off work on the weekends?

I’d also like to suggest that members of the retired community find it in their hearts to not drive during rush hour. I think that if you have all day to get to one of the 972 CVS or Walgreens pharmacies located in the city limits of Naples, Florida, well, gee, could you go there during the day? Then you don’t have to plug up rush hour traffic with your Lincoln Town Cars and yacht-size Cadillacs with the locked-in turn signals while those of us paying your Medicare bill are trying to get home to write.

I promise not to rant again for a long time.

“Some days, you just want the dragon to win.”




Tags: , , ,

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home