Today the Dragon Wins

"Today the Dragon Wins" offers information from Fantasy Author and Professional Editor Sandy Lender. You'll also find dragons, wizards, sorcerers, and other fantasy elements necessary for a fabulous story, if you know where to look...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Misbehaving in Candlelight

Sandy Lender is the editor of an international trade publication and the author of the fantasy novels Choices Meant for Gods and Choices Meant for Kings, available from ArcheBooks Publishing, and the series-supporting chapbook, What Choices We Made.

Add to Technorati Favorites

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Word of the Day
Wednesday, March 28, 2007
Fixative (noun) – A substance that is applied (usually with a diffuser or some sort of aerosol spray) to keep finished drawings from smudging

Word in a Sentence: In my novel Choices Meant for Gods, the people in Onweald society do not possess the technology to apply fixatives to their artwork through methods such as aerosol sprays, and would have to use something akin to paintbrushes.

Your turn! Do you have anything artistic in mind to build a sentence around? Mine was a bizarre stretch today...

“Some days, I just want the dragon to win.”

Tags: , , ,

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeni said...

I don't know where we had it, don't know how my granddaughter found it either, but evidently she found the fixative and has applied it very generously to the art she has so lovingly applied to the living room wall! Oh, the joy of trying to find something that will adequately removed crayoned large, dark purple circles drawn by a three-year-old on a wall painted in ecru!

11:21 PM  
Blogger Sandy Lender said...

Nice.
I drew a huge, black letter "A" on a pink carpet when I was a child. I think I was channeling Nathaniel Hawthorn and just didn't have a scarlet crayon.

I got in a lot of trouble.

Sandy L.
"Some days, I just want the dragon to win."

6:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home