Today the Dragon Wins

"Today the Dragon Wins" offers information from Fantasy Author and Professional Editor Sandy Lender. You'll also find dragons, wizards, sorcerers, and other fantasy elements necessary for a fabulous story, if you know where to look...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Misbehaving in Candlelight

Sandy Lender is the editor of an international trade publication and the author of the fantasy novels Choices Meant for Gods and Choices Meant for Kings, available from ArcheBooks Publishing, and the series-supporting chapbook, What Choices We Made.

Add to Technorati Favorites

Friday, March 23, 2007

A Joke from a friend of The Dragon
Or…this has nothing to do with writing


Yesterday, I posted a Grammar Guide but forgot Word of the Day. Today, I remembered Word of the Day, but I’m going to forego the hard sell on Choices Meant for Gods (even though I’m still pretty doggone excited about the fact that it’s at the printer and my publisher has plastered the cover and some reviews of it on the front page of his website…that’s just pretty darn cool, if you ask me. www.archebooks.com. Check it out and be stunned like I was.) Instead: Here’s something just a little off the wall before you get to the Word of the Day post. Enjoy!

In a dark and gloomy room, the fortune teller was startled by what she saw in her crystal ball. She looked up at her customer sitting across the table. “There’s no easy way to say this, so I’ll just be blunt. Prepare yourself to be a widow. Your husband will die a violent and horrible death this year.”

Visibly shaken, the woman stared at the psychic’s lined face, and then at the single flickering candle, and then down at her hands…

She took a few deep breaths to compose herself. She simply had to know. She met the fortune teller’s gaze, steadied her voice, and asked:

“Will I get away with it?”

(There are many visitors who will understand and appreciate the value of this joke in my life. Jeni, thank you for sharing it with me. You rock…as usual.)

“Some days, I just want the dragon to win.”

Tags:

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home