Today the Dragon Wins

"Today the Dragon Wins" offers information from Fantasy Author and Professional Editor Sandy Lender. You'll also find dragons, wizards, sorcerers, and other fantasy elements necessary for a fabulous story, if you know where to look...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Misbehaving in Candlelight

Sandy Lender is the editor of an international trade publication and the author of the fantasy novels Choices Meant for Gods and Choices Meant for Kings, available from ArcheBooks Publishing, and the series-supporting chapbook, What Choices We Made.

Add to Technorati Favorites

Sunday, May 13, 2007


Marketing Thankfully
Or…This day, I'm thankful for my fantasy novel

Those of you who know me personally know life has thrown some pretty bizarre curve balls my way as of late. But you also know that I'm realizing a pretty amazing dream right now. I have a fantasy novel "out there." Choices Meant for Gods, the epic adventure of an orphan-turned-protector-of-gods, is on the shelf at Borders in Tulsa, Oklahoma (down on 21st Street), thanks to Marilyn Milberry, and at the Barnes & Noble in Chesterfield, Missouri (1600 Clarkson Road), thanks to Jim Graf. Soon it'll be on the shelf at the Barnes & Noble in Naples, Florida, because that's where my first "official" book signing will take place Saturday, June 9, from 2 to 4 p.m. Don’t forget, though, that there's an exclusive meet and greet with three of the ArcheBooks Divas (that includes me) at Leapin Lizards in Cape Coral Saturday, May 19, from 6 to 8 p.m.

Now, I'm sure there are a few other stores that have Choices in stock, and every book store in the country can order it in for anyone who requests it. You can still order it at http://www.amazon.com/Choices-Meant-Gods-Sandy-Lender/dp/1595071652/ref=dp_return_1/104-9089752-5140754?ie=UTF8&n=283155&s=books&qid=1175821346&sr=8-1 or http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?z=y&EAN=9781595071651&itm=1.

What's my point (other than I'm supposed to shamelessly plug CMFG here at The Dragon)? My point is I have something incredible to be thankful for. And I'm about to launch an online, electronic book tour that already has 18 tour stops booked. That means there are 18 sites willing to give this first-time author a place to "reside" and promote her book for a day. That's incredible. Again, I'm thankful for this windfall of success. And the tour hasn't even started yet! It starts May 21, and, while I'll be giving you a huge reminder as we near next Monday, I'll just state right now that this is going to be a whirlwind of blog-hopping with people you Dragon visitors should be pleased to get to know. I'll post my stops each morning so you'll know where to find me.
One in particular to get geared up for is the online author chat Wednesday, May 23, at 9 p.m. eastern on Marcus Williford's blog at http://www.willifordblog.com/. You have to pre-register (free and fast and he does NOT spam you afterward) so this is your big heads up.

Now here's a little something my boss brought to the office Friday. She got it from her acupuncturist, and I wanted to share it with all you visitors to The Dragon because it's a lovely reminder that, even when life is throwing nasty curve balls and sliders that look like something from Chris Carpenter when he's not recovering from surgery (go Cards!), we have much to be thankful for.

This Day, by Larry Winget
This day, I thankfully accept all of the good things that are coming my way. This day is full of excitement, love, energy, health and prosperity. This day, people are calling on me to be of service to them and I respond by giving them my very best. This day, I think and practice health in my life, refusing to accept anything less than perfect health. This day, I accept the abundance of prosperity that is mine and willingly share it with others. This day, I focus on the moment and give no thought to the past or to the future. This day, I spend in total enjoyment of what I do. This day, I fill with loving thoughts and actions toward all other people and myself. This day, I spend in grateful appreciation of all that is mine. This day, this hour, this minute, this moment is all that I have and I choose to use it in celebration!
From Larry Winget, author of Shut Up, Stop Whining, and Get a Life

"Some days, I just want the dragon to win."

Tags: , , , ,

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home