Today the Dragon Wins

"Today the Dragon Wins" offers information from Fantasy Author and Professional Editor Sandy Lender. You'll also find dragons, wizards, sorcerers, and other fantasy elements necessary for a fabulous story, if you know where to look...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Misbehaving in Candlelight

Sandy Lender is the editor of an international trade publication and the author of the fantasy novels Choices Meant for Gods and Choices Meant for Kings, available from ArcheBooks Publishing, and the series-supporting chapbook, What Choices We Made.

Add to Technorati Favorites

Saturday, May 19, 2007

Writers Can Take Notes from Jamieson Wolf
Or...how to juggle many tasks and wear many hats and get published at the same time

Regular visitors to The Dragon have seen me post information about Jamieson Wolf before. Why, just yesterday we were discussing his latest release called Hunted, starring the fabulous and hysterical Sandy Duran...

In all seriousness, Jamieson has become a friend of mine via the world wide web because we "met" through Dorothy Thompson's Yahoo group The Writers Life at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/thewriterslife/. Since then, we've read each other's short stories, SPAM poetry (not the lunchmeat), online serial pieces, and various other texts with relish. It seems I've found a kindred spirit in the speculative fiction market. The thing is...Jamieson writes everything under the sun, not just speculative fiction. (I kinda do, too, but this post is about my friend.) And he doesn't just write it, he promotes the stuffin's out of it. I'm amazed that this person has time to sleep. It's a running joke with us that I just don't believe he's being truthful when he assures me (or anyone else in our writing group) that he's slept at all in recent months.

Did you notice in yesterday's roundup that the American Chronicle review I have for Choices Meant for Gods was written by Jamieson Wolf? And did you notice that the article I posted about Jamieson yesterday was about an online serial novel he had written called Hunted, which is now available to purchase from http://www.mobipocket.com? If you watch carefully, you'll see that the reason the author Caridad had to reschedule her trip to The Dragon from yesterday to next Thursday (the 24th) is because her publicist already had her booked at The Book Pedler, which just happens to be Jamieson's blog http://thebookpedler.wordpress.com. (Thief...stealing my guests...) That's just one of MANY blogs Jamieson manages, but it's one on which he posts, at an alarming clip, reviews of books that he's read. He has graciously offered to host me during my book tour at The Book Pedler Tuesday, May 29.

What I'm trying to impress upon you here is that the man is insanely busy, yet he has taken time to assist me with my marketing efforts in ways that the general public just can't understand. Unless you're in the book publishing industry, trying to promote and market one of these products yourself, you're probably not able to fully grasp just what Jamieson has done to help me out. It's incredible. And when I consider how much work he has to do for his own projects, I'm blown away by the amount of time he's taken to help this person down in Florida that he's never met. It's wonderful and amazing and awe-inspiring at the same time. It sets a good example for me and encourages me to be a positive force for some other struggling author as well.

So while I'm in a marketing and promotional mindest, let me just remind visitors of a few of Jamieson's projects that are "out there" already. You can visit his main site at www.jamiesonwolf.com to get information on any of these:
The Ghost Mirror - available from eTreasures (also at http://www.theghostmirror.blogspot.com)
Hunted - mobipocket books (also at http:www.huntedanovel.homestead.com)
WriteNow!Exercises for Aspiring Writers (also at www.jamiesonwolf.com)

Jamieson also has a project coming out in 2008 that he's just signed a contract with The Friday Project for. It's a memoir-like non-fiction piece based off his blog site "One Step at a Time," which you can find at http://jamiesonwolf.wordpress.com, and which discusses in matter-of-fact terms his day-to-day trials and triumphs living with cerebral palsy. The Friday Project officials released a statement about the project at http://forums.booktrade.info/showthread.php?t=899.

"Some days, I just want the dragon to win."

Tags: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Amanda Evans said...

Thank you so much for this information. I have read some of his works and I really enjoy them.

2:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

your blog is very cool i will be happy if you are visit my sit
http://www.eurospine2005.com/articledirectory/

6:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home