Today the Dragon Wins

"Today the Dragon Wins" offers information from Fantasy Author and Professional Editor Sandy Lender. You'll also find dragons, wizards, sorcerers, and other fantasy elements necessary for a fabulous story, if you know where to look...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Misbehaving in Candlelight

Sandy Lender is the editor of an international trade publication and the author of the fantasy novels Choices Meant for Gods and Choices Meant for Kings, available from ArcheBooks Publishing, and the series-supporting chapbook, What Choices We Made.

Add to Technorati Favorites

Friday, June 08, 2007


HAPPY BIRTHDAY NICK RHODES!

Or...the Duranies rejoice

Events move too quickly in our lives. I thought I had a Grammar Guide all ready to post for you guys today to follow the Writer's Guide from yesterday. No dice. You have to wait. But the waiting makes it all that much better when you get it next week, right? Instead, allow me to take a moment to bask in my obsession: Today is Nick Rhodes's birthday, which means friends of mine (did you Duranies catch that) will be calling each other throughout the day to wish each other well and to obsess over our trip to New York to see the band next weekend. All I can say is...ack. For those of you not obsessed to distraction with Duran Duran, it may be a bizarre day for you. Radio stations will receive odd requests from high-pitch-voiced ladies acting half their age, groupies will appear at clubs tonight requesting Duran songs from DJs who have probably forgotten that Girls on Film has a fabulously danceable beat, people will have stray conversations about Arcadia, and TNT and Spike might show A View to a Kill. It'll be great. (Side story: at the last Duran weekend I attended up in Orlando, I walked up to the DJ at this bar/restaurant and requested Duran. He said, in this innocent questioning voice, "Duran Duran?" Realizing this young man didn't have what I wanted, I responded, "yeah, both of them.")

Now, back to what you came here for: the Choices Meant for Gods Online Book Tour takes you to my publisher's blog today. You can catch me at http://archeblog.blogspot.com and see what intriguing things we have to say.

And while you're there, you can order your copy of the epic fantasy novel with all its dragons and wizards and sorcerers, oh my! There's a discount at the publisher's site, doncha know! But I'd like to see all you Southwest Florida residents come out to my book signing at Barnes & Noble tomorrow! Yes, I'll be live and in person at the B&N at the Waterside Shops at Tamiami and 41 from 2 to 4 Saturday, June 9, where you can get your copy of Choices Meant for Gods signed by Fantasy Author Sandy Lender and you can enter a contest to win a replica of Jorin Taiman's training sword (way cool, let me tell you). I hope to see you there.

"Some days, I just want the dragon to win."

Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home