Today the Dragon Wins

"Today the Dragon Wins" offers information from Fantasy Author and Professional Editor Sandy Lender. You'll also find dragons, wizards, sorcerers, and other fantasy elements necessary for a fabulous story, if you know where to look...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Misbehaving in Candlelight

Sandy Lender is the editor of an international trade publication and the author of the fantasy novels Choices Meant for Gods and Choices Meant for Kings, available from ArcheBooks Publishing, and the series-supporting chapbook, What Choices We Made.

Add to Technorati Favorites

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Word of the Day
Monday, June 18, 2007
Mar Dell (proper noun) — The town/village in the epic fantasy novel Choices Meant for Gods where Abigail Farrier's sister, Gellaina, dies, and another city in the tour Nigel and Henry are to take during their training; a village along the east coast of Onweald, north of Arcana City

Etymology: Fantasy Author Sandy Lender assembled this word and made up this village from the words Mar (meaning "sea") and Dell (meaning "town")

Word in a Sentence (oh, how fitting for my activities over last weekend…from the silly little diary of Abigail Farrier at http://abigaillovesnigel.blogspot.com/): "I think I can write of my news now. I’ve been so careful to hide my emotions from Father and Mother so they won’t suspect. Nigel Taiman may be coming to Mar Dell!"

Your turn! Have you ever visited the seashore? Well, how about we relax the rules today and let you write a sentence that doesn't necessarily use the words Mar Dell, but instead uses the spirit of the words? Give me a lovely sentence by the seashore.

"Some days, I just want the dragon to win."

Tags: , , , , , , ,

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home