Today the Dragon Wins

"Today the Dragon Wins" offers information from Fantasy Author and Professional Editor Sandy Lender. You'll also find dragons, wizards, sorcerers, and other fantasy elements necessary for a fabulous story, if you know where to look...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Misbehaving in Candlelight

Sandy Lender is the editor of an international trade publication and the author of the fantasy novels Choices Meant for Gods and Choices Meant for Kings, available from ArcheBooks Publishing, and the series-supporting chapbook, What Choices We Made.

Add to Technorati Favorites

Saturday, June 02, 2007

Writers Guide
Strength, Courage, Wisdom and Inspiration
Or...today's writers guide is all about the inspiration

I know writers.

That is to say, I know many writers in several writers' groups. Also, I "know" writers because I am a writer. So I know what kinds of things inspire us. I know what kinds of things put roadblocks up in front of us. Luckily (or should I say fortunately?), those roadblocks in my life haven't caused my muse to flee screaming...

In fact, my muse seems to have attached himself to me, which is comforting in an odd sort of way...

And so today's writers guide is for all of you visitors (and probably for myself as well). Just a little inspiration to get the pen moving across the page for you (or get your fingers dancing across the keyboard). It's a gift from my muse and me. Enjoy!

Strength, Courage and Wisdom
by the lovely singer/songwriter India.Arie
Inside my head there lives a dream that I want to see in the sun
Behind my eyes there lives a me that I've been hiding for much too long
‘Cause I've been, too afraid to let it show
‘Cause I'm scared of the judgment that may follow
Always putting off my living for tomorrow
It's time to step out on faith, I've gotta show my face
It's been elusive for so long, but freedom is mine today
I've gotta step out on faith, It's time to show my face
Procrastination had me down but look what I have found,
I found
Strength, courage, and wisdom
And it's been inside of me all along,
Strength, courage, and wisdom
Inside of me

Behind my pride there lives a me, that knows humility
Inside my voice there is a soul, and in my soul there is a voice
But I've been, too afraid to make a choice
‘Cause I'm scared of the things that I might be missing
Running too fast to stop and listen
It's time to step out on faith, I've gotta show my face
It's been elusive for so long but freedom is mine today
I've gotta step out on faith it's time to show my face
Procrastination had me down but look what I have found,
I found
Strength, courage, and wisdom
And it's been inside of me all along,
Strength, courage, and wisdom
Inside of me

I close my eyes and I think of all the things that I want to see
‘Cause I know, now that I've opened up my heart I know that
Anything I want can be, so let it be, so let it be…

Strength, courage, and wisdom
It's been inside of me all along,
Strength, courage, wisdom
It's been inside of me all along,
everyday I'm praying for...
Strength, courage, and wisdom
To find me,
Strength, courage, and wisdom
Inside of me

"Some days, I just want the dragon to win."

Tags: ,

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Linda L Rucker said...

Excellent. Thanks for this. I am a little less stressed today, as my daughter checked into rehab last night!
Hopefully, they can give her the help and guidance she so desperately needs, because I can't.
Also, my new book, Between Men and Monsters is one of those beauties that is writing itself! I LOVE those kinds of books. less strain on me old membrane!

8:52 AM  
Blogger Laura M. Crawford said...

Sandy, thank you, my dear friend. Linda, happy to hear the news about your daughter. Looks like the blue moon has brought about some shifting in energy for all of us. It's strange that you chose inspiration for your topic today, Sandy. This morning I was able to watch the last hour of a special by Dr. Wayne Dyer on Inspiration. I cried like a baby! Hit me right here (pointing to my heart). I know things are going to be tough for you, but sweetie, you are not alone, not ever. You need anything at all, just ask, ok? Hugs to you!

Laura :)

5:34 PM  
Blogger Jeni said...

Now that was absolutely AWESOME!

The poem/song is just beautiful and looks like it might be something appropriate for Linda to hand over to her daughter too don't 'cha think?

And you Ms. Lender - take those words and wear them well! Right now especially, me thinks you need a tad of bolstering up with all the events of the past couple of days along with the excitement provided by the book!

7:51 PM  
Blogger Sandy Lender said...

Ladies,
It seems that so many people around us and among us are dealing with "issues" right now that a little bolstering seemed appropriate. And this song from India.Arie is a fantastic one. She's got style. The actual CD this song is on is packed, but I found it on my iTunes the other day and rejoiced.

Sandy L.
"Some days, I just want the dragon to win."

9:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home