Today the Dragon Wins

"Today the Dragon Wins" offers information from Fantasy Author and Professional Editor Sandy Lender. You'll also find dragons, wizards, sorcerers, and other fantasy elements necessary for a fabulous story, if you know where to look...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Misbehaving in Candlelight

Sandy Lender is the editor of an international trade publication and the author of the fantasy novels Choices Meant for Gods and Choices Meant for Kings, available from ArcheBooks Publishing, and the series-supporting chapbook, What Choices We Made.

Add to Technorati Favorites

Monday, July 23, 2007

Word of the Day
Monday, July 23, 2007
Scrutiny (noun) - a close watch of something; holding something under an investigation (from the Latin scrutari)

Word in a Sentence (from the epic fantasy novel Choices Meant for Gods, page 120): Nigel was thankful for the reprieve from Godric's constant scrutiny.

Your turn! Do you have any investigative sentences in you today? I know, we're hedging against my Law and Order fixation. I think it's that Sam Waterson thang again...

"Some days, I just want the dragon to win."

Tags: , , , ,

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Second attempt - as first would not go through.
I was trying to send you a blessing and pray that God bless your day and you slay the evil dragon today. You win.
My first visit to your site.
jrs362@hotmail.com - Jane Squires

2:21 PM  
Blogger Jeni said...

When both my granddaughter and her baby brother are "loose" (meaning the baby is out of his confines of the playpen), close scrutiny must be given to watch that neither of them is getting into something, or some area that is off limits - like trying to redecorate the walls with crayons, etc.

10:25 AM  
Blogger Sandy Lender said...

To Jane,
Thank you, my dear!

Sandy L.
"Some days, I just want the GOOD dragon to win."

4:23 PM  
Blogger Sandy Lender said...

Jeni,
I think letting babies out of the playpen is akin to letting dragons out of the cave...mayhem is sure to ensue. It requires close scrutiny on the part of the parents (or grandparents, in your case) and a little ingenuity if any of them breathe fire. And you can decide if I'm talking about the kids or the reptiles with that fire comment...
;)
Good to have you back, by the way...

Sandy L.
"Some days, I just want the dragon to win."

4:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home