Today the Dragon Wins

"Today the Dragon Wins" offers information from Fantasy Author and Professional Editor Sandy Lender. You'll also find dragons, wizards, sorcerers, and other fantasy elements necessary for a fabulous story, if you know where to look...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Misbehaving in Candlelight

Sandy Lender is the editor of an international trade publication and the author of the fantasy novels Choices Meant for Gods and Choices Meant for Kings, available from ArcheBooks Publishing, and the series-supporting chapbook, What Choices We Made.

Add to Technorati Favorites

Monday, March 10, 2008

Peter Anspach Gives Tips for Remaining a Successful Evil Overlord
Or...this list is a riot

My fellow author friend Tina Murray (www.achancetosayyes.blogspot.com) sent me an e-mail that consisted of one line. It was a link to a page by Peter Anspach. Fine. I'll bite.

I went to this link, http://www.jardmail.co.uk/factslists/eviloverlord.shtml, and was entertained. I laughed out loud (yes, the phenomenon really does happen in front of computer screens) at #46, 71 and 81. Enjoy!

(And please note the incredibly few typos and grammatical problems in this list. Peter is not just providing good entertainment for us; he's providing a good example of proper English! I'm impressed. You don't see that on the Internet very often...)

"Some days, I just want the dragon to win."
Tags: , , ,

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Nigel said...

Nice.

Shouldn't we be concentrating on the good guys? Hmm?

From,
One of the Good Guys

2:44 PM  
Blogger Laura M. Crawford said...

Sandy, this was funny! I had to send it to everyone I know. This came in handy today at work, too, since I seem to work in the evil factory and the two twins of terror are up to their shenanigans again.

And Nigel, this is funny, and especially on a Monday!

I'm looking to sell what I can and find a new job.

Laura :)

2:04 AM  
Blogger Sandy Lender said...

Laura,
It was pretty good, eh? I was thrilled when I read it. So I've come up with its alternate for today (much much much shorter, but hopefully still entertaining in its own right).

Girlfriend...I'm pullin' for ya to get that new job where the employers are fair and NOT out to get ya. There's a good job out there for you, and when you find it, you're going to be a much happier worker! Think about how much efficiency those folks are losing by forcing you to "watch over your shoulder" constantly. How ridiculous...

GOOD LUCK!
Sandy L.
"Some days, I just want the dragon to win."

3:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home