Today the Dragon Wins

"Today the Dragon Wins" offers information from Fantasy Author and Professional Editor Sandy Lender. You'll also find dragons, wizards, sorcerers, and other fantasy elements necessary for a fabulous story, if you know where to look...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Misbehaving in Candlelight

Sandy Lender is the editor of an international trade publication and the author of the fantasy novels Choices Meant for Gods and Choices Meant for Kings, available from ArcheBooks Publishing, and the series-supporting chapbook, What Choices We Made.

Add to Technorati Favorites

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Praise God for the X-Files Reunion
Or…The Dragon has something else to look forward to

I heard a rumor. It faded. I heard another rumor. It faded. Then my sci-fi newsletter arrived and there it was. Fact. Hard evidence. Rumor revealed as reality.

Gillian Anderson, my Madonna in red hair with her sardonic eye-rolls and sighs of "Mulder" as if to say "Can we please come up with something rational to say to our bosses and then let me molest your sweet, gorgeous self?" was staring at me from the computer screen, and I thought, "This is it."

Yes, the new X-Files movie, as yet untitled, is in production.

I am ecstatic.

Get your news here: http://www.scifi.com/sfw/news/

What has this got to do with writing? With grammar? With promotion? Well, I was going to say, "absolutely nothing." But, if you want to stretch it, The X-Files provides oodles of fodder for sci-fi discussions that get the creative juices flowing. There's more inspiration there than you can shake a stick at. Just listen to one of Mulder's bizarre theories and tell me those big words don't give you a dream or two worth jotting down notes from. Now, I couldn't really use much of the sci-fi twists in my epic fantasy novel, Choices Meant for Gods, but it still provided good images for some short stories and other writings I have notes for. Exsanguination. I learned all about exsanguination from The X-Files. Bwuahahahahaha.

"Some days, I just want the dragon to win."
Tags: , , , , , ,

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Some significant others still think an entomologist named Bambi is just too hysterical.

Also,

"Her hair was red, too red."

But we love him anyway.

9:15 PM  
Blogger Sandy Lender said...

I'm dyin!!
And poor little Mulder didn't even get to score with her. Bambi was hot for the scientist in the wheelchair. Bwuahahaha.

Eegads, how on earth do we remember this stuff?

"Some days, I just want the dragon to win."

11:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home