Today the Dragon Wins

"Today the Dragon Wins" offers information from Fantasy Author and Professional Editor Sandy Lender. You'll also find dragons, wizards, sorcerers, and other fantasy elements necessary for a fabulous story, if you know where to look...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Misbehaving in Candlelight

Sandy Lender is the editor of an international trade publication and the author of the fantasy novels Choices Meant for Gods and Choices Meant for Kings, available from ArcheBooks Publishing, and the series-supporting chapbook, What Choices We Made.

Add to Technorati Favorites

Sunday, March 02, 2008

Welcome to a Milestone at The Dragon
Or...this is post #600

Do you have any special goals as a writer or reader? Today's Inspirational Quote of the Day for Writers speaks to all of us with a goal in mind. I think I have several. I know I'm going to reach them, too, because I'm a driven, determined young lady. (I throw that "young" in there because I think 37 is young and I still randomly get carded at restaurants and liquor stores. And, let me tell you, that's a darn good feeling.)

But I digress. The point of this post is to encourage you to think about a goal you have as a writer...and to let you know that it's achievable if you put your mind to it and believe in yourself. How do I know this? I got a publisher to take on my fantasy novel Choices Meant for Gods. That's no small feat! And I'm awed by the concept every day...

So welcome to Post #600 and thank you for stopping by. Enjoy the ideas, inspiration and guidance you find here!

"Some days, I just want the dragon to win."
Tags: , , ,

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your work "Choices Meant for Gods." Sounds like an awesome book!

6:19 PM  
Blogger squiresj said...

My reaching my goal as a writer is writing on this blog to you and doing research mostly. I have written a couple of things but done nothing with them. Not even sure where to start. I wrote down an article on Guardian angels about when I wrecked my car and it was turned upside down and I felt the angel wings but I have no clue to start. So much going on after I had surgery, empty nest, cancer scare, I just don't know what to do.
Anyway glad to find you. God Bless.

12:56 AM  
Blogger Sandy Lender said...

Squire!
Do you journal about it? My friend Jamieson has a blog (which may be a more public journal than you want at first) that's been turned into a memoir that's being published this summer. (Of course the process was much more complex than I've just made it sound, but that's the general concept.)

That seems like a fabulous starting point to me. Good luck!!!

Sandy L.
"Some days, I just want the dragon to win."

11:32 AM  
Blogger Sandy Lender said...

THANK YOU, CAROL!

11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home