Today the Dragon Wins

"Today the Dragon Wins" offers information from Fantasy Author and Professional Editor Sandy Lender. You'll also find dragons, wizards, sorcerers, and other fantasy elements necessary for a fabulous story, if you know where to look...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Misbehaving in Candlelight

Sandy Lender is the editor of an international trade publication and the author of the fantasy novels Choices Meant for Gods and Choices Meant for Kings, available from ArcheBooks Publishing, and the series-supporting chapbook, What Choices We Made.

Add to Technorati Favorites

Friday, April 18, 2008


Congratulations to Gayle Oreluk

Or...Gayle wins the Spa Package From Arcana's Bathing Rooms


The recent contest held in conjunction with Author Island came to a close April 15. Tax day. A day we all could use a little relaxation. In honor of relaxing and chilling out, which all heroines need to do, I set up a fancy little prize of spa goodies from the bathing rooms at Arcana, out of the fantasy novel Choices Meant for Gods! (If you don't know what that is, check out the post immediately below this one. It's all spelled out for you.)


Our winner is Gayle Oreluk from Author Island!!!


Yay Gayle!!!


First, I want to thank Gayle for following the rules and making it easy for DeNita and me to figure out how to contact the winner. (Very important...) Second, I want to thank Gayle for commenting here at The Dragon! It's always nice to have feedback from folks who stop by!


So join me in saying congrats to Gayle on a fabulous win of fabulous stuff. (Just look at that picture, guys. There are some tres cool items in there, let me tell you!)


I'll be giving away my next prize o' goodies at the Author Island chat Tuesday, April 22. Stop by the island prior to Tuesday (http://www.authorisland.com/) to get signed up on the yahoo group so you can participate. And we'll announce the next contest shortly after that.


"Some days, I just want the dragon to win."

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger orelukjp0 said...

Thank you so much Sandy. I could not believe I won when DeNita contacted me. I can't wait to receive your gift and I will let you know as soon as I get it. Thank you once again Sandy and Author Island.

3:15 PM  
Blogger Sandy Lender said...

You're welcome, Gayle! My intent was to take a lunch break today and mail your prize, but I'm on the verge of death. I believe in the power of Nyquil. I believe in the power of Nyquil. I believe in the power of Nyquil. So I'll wait until the Author Island chat is finished tomorrow because I have another prize to give away there (woo-hoo!) and mail everything Wednesday. So watch your mailbox early next week for your spa goodies!!!

Sandy L.
"Some days, I just want the dragon to win."

7:49 AM  
Blogger orelukjp0 said...

Thank you Sandy. I received your package today. Everything inside is beautiful and lavender is one of my favorite fragrances. I can't wait to try it out. Thank you also for the letter. It makes us also feel appreciated when we hear from our authors. I hope NyQuil worked for you. My husband swears by it also. Once again, thank you so much.

3:17 PM  
Blogger Sandy Lender said...

Excellent news, Gayle!
Sometimes I mail those things and then listen to the sound of chirping crickets...So I'm glad you got it and I'm pleased to know you like your goodies! Relax and enjoy a few good books!

Sandy L.
"Some days, I just want the dragon to win."

7:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home