Today the Dragon Wins

"Today the Dragon Wins" offers information from Fantasy Author and Professional Editor Sandy Lender. You'll also find dragons, wizards, sorcerers, and other fantasy elements necessary for a fabulous story, if you know where to look...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Misbehaving in Candlelight

Sandy Lender is the editor of an international trade publication and the author of the fantasy novels Choices Meant for Gods and Choices Meant for Kings, available from ArcheBooks Publishing, and the series-supporting chapbook, What Choices We Made.

Add to Technorati Favorites

Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Book II Announcement
Or...The Dragon releases the name

Fantasy writers know, there's an old legend that you should never reveal your true name to anyone. For once an enemy (or anyone else, for that matter) learns it, he can use it in a spell to capture you, force you into your true form, and vanquish you. It's bad news all around.

Today, I throw caution to the wind and announce publicly the name of Book II of the Choices trilogy.

Choices Meant for Kings

Ooooooo. Ahhhhhhh.
It has a nice ring to it, doesn't it? I wanted to call it Choices Meant for Ring-givers, because I'm such a fiend when it comes to that Old English, Anglo-Saxon way of the world, but, alas, how DO you go about getting everyone to agree on capitalization there? And would the population in general "get it"? No.

So Choices Meant for Kings it is. Wish I could give you a release date. But we'll know that the day before it happens. Rest assured, it'll be sometime this summer. Late summer. We could make it a contest. In fact, I'll chat with DeNita over at Author Island about that contest idea...

Leave a comment and let me know what you think!
"Some days, I just want the dragon to eat a couple kings."
Tags: ,

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Jane Kennedy Sutton said...

I like it Sandy! And more importantly, I can’t wait to read it.

Jane Kennedy Sutton
http://janekennedysutton.blogspot.com/
http://www.authorsden.com/janesutton

9:40 AM  
Blogger Tina Murray said...

Sandy,

I like the continuity of the whole "Choices.." thing. I agree with Jane -- I want to read it!

Tina Murray, Author
A Chance to Say Yes

10:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, me likey!!!! Now I'll just have to read it again.

I'm so happy to hear that it will be released this summer. I can't wait.

8:23 PM  
Blogger Laura M. Crawford said...

Great title, Sandy! Love it! I will see you soon! I'll email you with details,OK?

Laura :)

12:17 AM  
Blogger Sandy Lender said...

Thank you, Guys!

Jenni, you generated a couple confused e-mails from folks who now demand I send them the second book. Bwuahahahaha. They've been informed that only the elite Test Readers are so priveleged.

Now I'm looking for reviewers so I can get marketing under way! Woo-hoo!!

Sandy L.
"Some days, I just want the dragon to win."

8:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home