Today the Dragon Wins

"Today the Dragon Wins" offers information from Fantasy Author and Professional Editor Sandy Lender. You'll also find dragons, wizards, sorcerers, and other fantasy elements necessary for a fabulous story, if you know where to look...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Misbehaving in Candlelight

Sandy Lender is the editor of an international trade publication and the author of the fantasy novels Choices Meant for Gods and Choices Meant for Kings, available from ArcheBooks Publishing, and the series-supporting chapbook, What Choices We Made.

Add to Technorati Favorites

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Inspiration at Goodyear
Or...it happened again

So I posted yesterday that, yes, I can be inspired even sitting in the lobby at Goodyear, and, in fact, the first three chapters of my fantasy novel Choices Meant for Gods were edited and the next few scenes written while I sat there waiting for new tires. Lo and behold...

I got in my car to go to turtle patrol this morning and this pretty red light flashed at me from the dash. It didn't just flash. It clicked on and stayed there, shining vividly red for quite some time. After a while, I began to worry. I mean, this car has 173,890 miles on it. (The person I'm still trying to divorce took the valuable car when he fled the state last summer.) So when I finished turtle patrol (no new nests in my zones, doggonit!), I took my trusty little sedan to my friend who works at Goodyear. Yes, the service manager at Goodyear is one of my connections at LinkedIn. (If I'm lyin' I'm dyin'.) Now, the warning light was for coolant, so this wasn't a huge concern, but I had to replace the fan in that car once before, and my fear was that the fan had a problem again. It's always good to "know somebody" when you have an aging vehicle. I solved today's problem for under $100 and now will drive the four hours up to Orlando (oh, yes, this was a wee bit stressful) where Jennine is sitting by the pool waiting for me to begin our Duran weekend. The boys play tomorrow night and this is my birthday present. It's one month early, and that's totally cool with me. I need a Duran Duran break. And the tidbit of stress-inspiration this morning got the writing-adrenaline pumping for the pool-side scribble-fest later this afternoon.

"Some days, I just want the dragon to win."
Tags: ,

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home