Today the Dragon Wins

"Today the Dragon Wins" offers information from Fantasy Author and Professional Editor Sandy Lender. You'll also find dragons, wizards, sorcerers, and other fantasy elements necessary for a fabulous story, if you know where to look...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Misbehaving in Candlelight

Sandy Lender is the editor of an international trade publication and the author of the fantasy novels Choices Meant for Gods and Choices Meant for Kings, available from ArcheBooks Publishing, and the series-supporting chapbook, What Choices We Made.

Add to Technorati Favorites

Sunday, June 01, 2008

Sunday's Inspirational Quote of the Day
Lines Composed in a Wood on a Windy Day
My soul is awakened, my spirit is soaring
And carried aloft on the wings of the breeze;
For above and around me the wild wind is roaring,
Arousing to rapture the earth and the seas.
The long withered grass in the sunshine is glancing,
The bare trees are tossing their branches on high,
The dead leaves beneath them are merrily dancing,
The white clouds are scudding across the blue sky
I wish I could see how the ocean is lashing
The foam of its billows to whirlwinds of spray;
I wish I could see how its proud waves are dashing,
And hear the wild roar of their thunder to-day!
— Anne Bronte/Acton Bell (Jan. 17, 1820 – May 28, 1849)

Fantasy Author Sandy Lender wishes you an inspired, creative day.
This poem is used as today's quote in honor of both the pseudonym discussions we're beginning for the month of June and in honor of the anniversary of Anne's untimely passing Wednesday.
"Some days, I just want the dragon to win."
Tags: , , , , , ,

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home