Today the Dragon Wins

"Today the Dragon Wins" offers information from Fantasy Author and Professional Editor Sandy Lender. You'll also find dragons, wizards, sorcerers, and other fantasy elements necessary for a fabulous story, if you know where to look...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Misbehaving in Candlelight

Sandy Lender is the editor of an international trade publication and the author of the fantasy novels Choices Meant for Gods and Choices Meant for Kings, available from ArcheBooks Publishing, and the series-supporting chapbook, What Choices We Made.

Add to Technorati Favorites

Thursday, December 31, 2009

An Author’s Top Ten For Real New Year’s Resolutions
Or…The Dragon offers you an author’s New Year’s Top 10

Now, this is a little better and brighter! Probably not as funny, but I bet authors can still relate.

10. Send out-of-the-blue good reviews to other authors and post them on Amazon when possible.

9. Write nice poetry for my mom but refrain from forcing it on the rest of the world. (I’m not what you’d call ‘a poet’.)

8. Finish editing WIPs and send ’em to the publishers.

7. Find extra publishers for extra projects.

6. Find extra places to speak and market books.

5. Do that funky 3-Day Novel Contest again.

4. Get Nigel Taiman on The Ellen Show. Mwuahahahahaha.
4a. Get myself on Craig Ferguson. Pardon me. I mean, get myself on the Craig Ferguson show.

3. Find an agent for the upcoming series and whatnot to help me with everything. It’s so overwhelming.

2. Update the “I can’t go out because…” excuses for writing binges so friends and family don’t notice trends.

1. Push all the limits. All. The. Limits.

"Some days, you just want the dragon to win."
Tags: , , ,

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Cindy Spencer Pape said...

Sound good--except for #4. I know you meant it the first way...wink).
Happy New Year!

12:59 AM  
Blogger Jane Kennedy Sutton said...

You will definitely be pushing the limits to accomplish all this in one year - but if anyone can do it, you (and Nigel) can! Good luck.

8:26 AM  
Blogger theauthormike said...

Craig???? What happened to Daniel? Or that guy with a guitar and his group? LOL.

I made one resolution, get rid of all negativity in my life, where ever possible.
Mikey

10:03 AM  
Blogger Sandy Lender said...

Mikey!
That guy with the guitar!? You are, of course, referring to John The-God-of-Bass Taylor. I adore him. Always. But he doesn't have a TV show where I can pimp Choices Meant for Kings. :)

He he he.

And I love your resolution! Good on ya, mate! Did you get your Christmas Card from Sandy?

From Sandy Lender
"Some days, you just want the dragon to win."

10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home