Or…The Dragon offers you an author’s New Year’s Top 10
Now, this is a little better and brighter! Probably not as funny, but I bet authors can still relate.
10. Send out-of-the-blue good reviews to other authors and post them on Amazon when possible.
9. Write nice poetry for my mom but refrain from forcing it on the rest of the world. (I’m not what you’d call ‘a poet’.)
8. Finish editing WIPs and send ’em to the publishers.
7. Find extra publishers for extra projects.
6. Find extra places to speak and market books.
5. Do that funky 3-Day Novel Contest again.
4. Get Nigel Taiman on The Ellen Show. Mwuahahahahaha.
4a. Get myself on Craig Ferguson. Pardon me. I mean, get myself on the Craig Ferguson show.
3. Find an agent for the upcoming series and whatnot to help me with everything. It’s so overwhelming.
2. Update the “I can’t go out because…” excuses for writing binges so friends and family don’t notice trends.
1. Push all the limits. All. The. Limits.
"Some days, you just want the dragon to win."
Tags: Top Ten, New Year's Resolution, The Ellen Show, Craig Ferguson