Today the Dragon Wins

"Today the Dragon Wins" offers information from Fantasy Author and Professional Editor Sandy Lender. You'll also find dragons, wizards, sorcerers, and other fantasy elements necessary for a fabulous story, if you know where to look...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Misbehaving in Candlelight

Sandy Lender is the editor of an international trade publication and the author of the fantasy novels Choices Meant for Gods and Choices Meant for Kings, available from ArcheBooks Publishing, and the series-supporting chapbook, What Choices We Made.

Add to Technorati Favorites

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Things You’ve Always Wanted to Say
Or...what's your dream job?

See, there are some phrases that I’ve always wanted to say on the job. Things that you just don’t get to utter in this day and age…at least not in the “real world” kind of jobs that I’ve held. Most magazine editors like me don’t get to say “Fire at will!” and have their staff members obey. (Although “make it so” has passed my lips more than once with great results from talented people around me.)

So here are a few phrases I want to use at my job without getting fired or taken into psychiatric custody:

“This is Sandy. I’m taking over the fleet.”

“Take him to detention. If he resists, shoot him.”

“Bring me Duran Duran.” (When the peon appropriately asks, “Which one, Contessa?”, I would reply, “All of them.”)

What about you? In your fantasy world where the sky is whatever color you want it to be (but for some reason we’re still working for a living), what catch phrase or sudden impulse statement do you want to say? It doesn’t have to be violent like my first couple seem to be…

“Some days, you just want the dragon to win.”

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeni said...

The things I always wanted to tell some of my idiot bosses are not very nice. I've tried to clean them up a trifle here though.

1. Eat crap and bark at the moon.
2. Go whiz up a rope.

The others - well no way can I possible clean them up except maybe this one
Just get me out of this cluster function alive!

4:42 PM  
Blogger Sandy Lender said...

Jeni,
Anger management courses are not too expensive these days...
;)
Teasing...

Another one I like is "This is General Lender; get me the President!"

So, I guess mine are kinda on the "angry" side, too. I'm just already going into "solve it by preparing to shoot something" mode with mine, eh?

Sandy L.
"Some days, you just want the dragon to win."

9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home