Today the Dragon Wins

"Today the Dragon Wins" offers information from Fantasy Author and Professional Editor Sandy Lender. You'll also find dragons, wizards, sorcerers, and other fantasy elements necessary for a fabulous story, if you know where to look...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Misbehaving in Candlelight

Sandy Lender is the editor of an international trade publication and the author of the fantasy novels Choices Meant for Gods and Choices Meant for Kings, available from ArcheBooks Publishing, and the series-supporting chapbook, What Choices We Made.

Add to Technorati Favorites

Friday, March 30, 2007

Word of the Day
Friday, March 30, 2007
Calligraphy (noun) – the art of fine handwriting/penmanship (from Greek kalligraphia); Megan Kissinger does amazing, gorgeous, beautiful calligraphy work

Word in a Sentence: In my novel Choices Meant for Gods, Amanda Chariss has fine penmanship because Hrazon and others have taught her to read and write over the years, but she has no need in the first book of the trilogy to write anything in so fancy a style as calligraphy.

Your turn! Do you have any fanciful and lovely sentences to dazzle me with today?

“Some days, I just want the dragon to win.”

Tags: , , ,

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeni said...

I can barely write in plain style cursive that is legible much less trying to use something like calligraphy! I can feel the writer's cramp that would evolve from any attempts at that starting in my fingers and wrist now.

9:35 AM  
Blogger Sandy Lender said...

Jeni,
People who can do calligraphy amaze me. (and I'm really keen on the pens...) You'll have to practice your signature in fancy cursive, though, so you can do it without writer's cramp when you're rich & famous.

Sandy L.
"Some days, I just want the dragon to win."

2:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home