Today the Dragon Wins

"Today the Dragon Wins" offers information from Fantasy Author and Professional Editor Sandy Lender. You'll also find dragons, wizards, sorcerers, and other fantasy elements necessary for a fabulous story, if you know where to look...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Misbehaving in Candlelight

Sandy Lender is the editor of an international trade publication and the author of the fantasy novels Choices Meant for Gods and Choices Meant for Kings, available from ArcheBooks Publishing, and the series-supporting chapbook, What Choices We Made.

Add to Technorati Favorites

Sunday, March 18, 2007

Word of the Day
Sunday, March 18, 2007
Sluggard (noun) – An idle person; a slothful person; one who sits around researching how to get out of work on the internet all day and playing non-interactive computer games all evening while his wife cleans his house and washes the dishes that he leaves strewn about the house and takes out his trash and cares for his pet cat and works two jobs to pay for the house and maintains three blogs to promote her new book and attends conferences to promote her book and tries to sell the house before…oh…sorry about that…(Thank you for everything. I have no complaints whatsoever.) (from Middle English sluggart and sluggen, to be lazy)

Word in a Sentence: In my novel Choices Meant for Gods, no one has the time or luxury of being a sluggard once Hrazon and Chariss arrive at Arcana.

Your turn! Any “positive” sentences you can make with this one today? ;) I make it your challenge…

“Some days, I just want the dragon to win.”

Tags: , , ,

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeni said...

There are many days when I am truly the sluggard in this house as I sit at the computer, reading e-mail, answering mail, reading the local paper online, reading blogs, posting to mine and every now and again, I work on my research project too.

Ok, in my defense, I do the bulk of the cooking and I DO babysit my two little grandchildren too but that really isn't work since it's making up for time lost years ago when my kids were little and I had to work two jobs all the time to keep a roof over our heads. So, now I justify the sluggard stuff by saying I put my time in for 40 years and deserve this to compensate for never being able to afford a real vacation. Hey - that excuse works for me anyway!

7:15 PM  
Blogger Sandy Lender said...

So, you're saying...if I pay my dues now, I can be part-sluggard (because this doesn't really sound like you've given in to sluggardly ways altogether to me) when I get older and wiser?

I can handle that!

:)

Sandy L.
"Some days, I just want the dragon to win."

6:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home