Today the Dragon Wins

"Today the Dragon Wins" offers information from Fantasy Author and Professional Editor Sandy Lender. You'll also find dragons, wizards, sorcerers, and other fantasy elements necessary for a fabulous story, if you know where to look...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Misbehaving in Candlelight

Sandy Lender is the editor of an international trade publication and the author of the fantasy novels Choices Meant for Gods and Choices Meant for Kings, available from ArcheBooks Publishing, and the series-supporting chapbook, What Choices We Made.

Add to Technorati Favorites

Thursday, April 26, 2007


We Celebrate an Influential Birthday at The Dragon Today
Or...one of my Duran boys gets another year older

It's no secret that I'm a huge Duran Duran fan. Titles and lyrics from Duran Duran songs influence some scenery and imagery in Choices Meant for Gods. After 23 years, it can't be helped. I think I've mentioned on this blog, and I know I've mentioned in interviews, that the Arcadia album, So Red the Rose, in particular, was a source of inspiration. (Ummm...the name of the Taiman estate is Hleo-Arcana...come on.) Anyway, it will come as no surprise then, that today I am in ultra-celebration mode over Roger Fabulous-Arms Taylor, the drummer for Duran Duran. It is his birthday, and I'd like to send out all those happy wishes to him. No, he won't see this, but, hey, some of his fans will. Some of them are calling me today, because, as all of you crazed Duranies know, it's what we do...

Have a great Thursday, everyone. And listen to some Duran tunes. I highly recommend the Rio album for a spring-almost-summer day like today (remember, I'm in Florida). I would also recommend the Liberty album, but Roger didn't play on that one, so, you know...

Happy Birthday, Roger, and thank you for the good imagery! (Honey, it is so good to have you back in the band...)

"Some days, I just want the dragon to win."

Tags: , , , , ,

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Jamieson Wolf said...

How perfectly timed then that I listened to a dance remix of Wild Boys last night. Ah, Duran Duran. The world would be less wonderful without you. LOL

7:24 AM  
Blogger Sandy Lender said...

Hey, Jamieson,
Your telephone's been ringing while you're dancing in the rain...

;)

Sandy L.
"Some days, I just want the dragon to win."

8:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home