Today the Dragon Wins

"Today the Dragon Wins" offers information from Fantasy Author and Professional Editor Sandy Lender. You'll also find dragons, wizards, sorcerers, and other fantasy elements necessary for a fabulous story, if you know where to look...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Misbehaving in Candlelight

Sandy Lender is the editor of an international trade publication and the author of the fantasy novels Choices Meant for Gods and Choices Meant for Kings, available from ArcheBooks Publishing, and the series-supporting chapbook, What Choices We Made.

Add to Technorati Favorites

Monday, April 16, 2007

Word of the Day
Monday, April 16, 2007
I was going to use something related to taxation today, but let's go with something more therapeutic for me instead.

Confrontation (noun) - The act of calmly walking into someone's den first thing in the morning and asking "Dear, why exactly did you turn off the television after midnight but neglected to turn off the dryer five feet away from it so that the dryer ran for five consecutive hours?" (from the Old English for to kill by raising your pig-dog opponent's blood pressure with a surprise conversation in which you point out his blatant stupidity)

Word in a Sentence: In my novel Choices Meant for Gods, Chariss and Godric have their first confrontation at the breakfast table. (And if Nigel knew about it, he'd kick Godric's patootie.)

Your turn! Sigh. This morning's outburst on my part was out of character. I've mostly given up, but, you know, this is probably the tenth time I've found the dryer running after a five-hour (or longer) stint. The electric usage is driving me out of my mind (and I dread the bill that's going to arrive). So what confrontational sentences do you visitors have today?

Tags: , , ,

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Linda L Rucker said...

Ahhh, confrontation. Here's a new definition for you:
Kon- frun- ta- shun, What happens when hubby refuses to take out the garbage because he's too wrapped up in Halo 2 online!

9:16 AM  
Blogger Jeni said...

I managed not to have a confrontation yesterday with daughter #1, although I wanted to have one with her, very, VERY much! She was supposed to be bringing the macaroni and cheese for the grandson's birthday party yesterday, scheduled to being at 3 p.m. but at 2:45 p.m, we learned she wouldn't be here until probably 4:30 p.m. so Mom had to whip up a casserole in a huge hurry (macaroni and cheese, of course) to satisfy those guests and family who were here on time! I've said this before and will probably live long enough to say it again I suppose but here goes for this time - NEVER AGAIN!

7:15 PM  
Blogger Sandy Lender said...

Oh, man, I love mac-n-cheese. I haven't had that in ages! It takes a long time to cook doncha know...

;)

Sandy L.
"Some days, I just want the dragon to win."

7:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home