Today the Dragon Wins

"Today the Dragon Wins" offers information from Fantasy Author and Professional Editor Sandy Lender. You'll also find dragons, wizards, sorcerers, and other fantasy elements necessary for a fabulous story, if you know where to look...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Misbehaving in Candlelight

Sandy Lender is the editor of an international trade publication and the author of the fantasy novels Choices Meant for Gods and Choices Meant for Kings, available from ArcheBooks Publishing, and the series-supporting chapbook, What Choices We Made.

Add to Technorati Favorites

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Word of the Day
Tuesday, May 15, 2007
Orography (noun) – The study of mountain ranges; the study of the geography of mountains and mountain ranges (I know, a bizarre one, eh?)

Word in a Sentence: In Sandy Lender's fantasy novel Choices Meant for Gods, the narrator explains that Chariss has been schooled in orography during her varied education, thus she has a working knowledge of the Freotho Mountain range that houses the Taiman estate and its gothic mansion carved in the side of the a mountain. (Don't worry. The word orography doesn't actually appear in the novel. I'm not crazy. Well...)

Your turn! Give me a large, avalanche-inspiring sentence today!

"Some days, I just want the dragon to win."

Tags: , , , ,

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeni said...

I need to study the Orography surrounding the little ghost town of Peale about a mile or so from my home.

12:34 AM  
Blogger Sandy Lender said...

...and write a book about it...

Seems I recall someone mentioning that a couple months ago. I totally encourage this idea!

Sandy L.
"Some days, I just want the dragon to win."

6:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home