Today the Dragon Wins

"Today the Dragon Wins" offers information from Fantasy Author and Professional Editor Sandy Lender. You'll also find dragons, wizards, sorcerers, and other fantasy elements necessary for a fabulous story, if you know where to look...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Misbehaving in Candlelight

Sandy Lender is the editor of an international trade publication and the author of the fantasy novels Choices Meant for Gods and Choices Meant for Kings, available from ArcheBooks Publishing, and the series-supporting chapbook, What Choices We Made.

Add to Technorati Favorites

Sunday, June 03, 2007

Word of the Day
Sunday, June 3, 2007
(Only 15 days until the Duran Duran concert)
Meredore (proper noun) — The Ocean of Meredore in the fantasy novel Choices Meant for Gods; this is the body of water between Onweald and Bellan

Etymology: Fantasy author Sandy Lender created this word out of the Old English word meredeor (long mark over the final e), which means "sea beast"

Word in a Sentence (from the fantasy novel Choices Meant for Gods, page 159, Henry Bakerson is speaking): “Sweetie, by the time Maken dies and someone else figures out I even exist, I’ll have my payoff and I’ll be hiding out in a nice little palace somewhere on the other side of the Meredore. I’ve got a couple picked out.”

Your turn! What make-believe sentences can you come up with about the ocean today? Personally, I'd like to pretend I'm on a cruise on the Meredore…

"Some days, I just want the dragon to win."

Tags: , , , , ,

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeni said...

Differences in ages, in generations, sometimes create communication issues wider than the width of the Ocean of Meredeor.

7:47 PM  
Blogger Sandy Lender said...

That's really good...and I can't believe it's not already in the book, actually...

Sandy L.
"Some days, I just want the dragon to win."

9:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home