Today the Dragon Wins

"Today the Dragon Wins" offers information from Fantasy Author and Professional Editor Sandy Lender. You'll also find dragons, wizards, sorcerers, and other fantasy elements necessary for a fabulous story, if you know where to look...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Misbehaving in Candlelight

Sandy Lender is the editor of an international trade publication and the author of the fantasy novels Choices Meant for Gods and Choices Meant for Kings, available from ArcheBooks Publishing, and the series-supporting chapbook, What Choices We Made.

Add to Technorati Favorites

Monday, July 16, 2007

My Surreal Moment of the Weekend
Or…freakin' out The Dragon

I attended a Florida Writer's Association regional meeting yesterday afternoon. This really nice gal from Prague, who now lives in the Naples area, came in and sat down next to me. I introduced myself and, lo and behold, she knew my name. Wow. Where had she heard of me? Don't know, but it was in connection with my book.

Go figure.

So she bought a copy at one point during the meeting and made the comment that she'd start reading it that night. Danger, Will Robinson! Of course I forewarned her that people who read Choices Meant for Gods in the evening lose sleep because they can't stop reading to go to bed. She said the greatest thing next. She said she doesn't sleep so well anyway and tends to just stare at the ceiling listening to Duran Duran.

Shut the front door.

Needless to say, I have a new friend in Southwest Florida.

She's an illustrator, and as soon as I find out what her website is, I'll plaster it all over all my blogs and online groups, etc., so everyone I know can see her stuff. I'm truly impressed. And, believe me, I've seen A TON of illustrators and graphic artists in my day. (Come on, I've been running magazines for how long now? Think of the CVs and portfolios that have crossed my desks.) Anyway, I really want this gal to do a portrait of Nigel and Chariss, so I'm going to start saving stray cash and get a quote from her. We'll see what we come up with, eh?

Now, if you're not going to be at a writer's meeting with me anytime soon to get your copy of Choices Meant for Gods, you can still get a copy of your own by going to your local Barnes & Noble or Borders and begging them to order it in (I doubt it's sitting on the shelf, but you never know!). Or you can make things really easy on yourself and jog over to Amazon and order a copy at http://www.amazon.com/Choices-Meant-Gods-Sandy-Lender/dp/1595071652/ref=dp_return_1/104-9089752-5140754?ie=UTF8&n=283155&s=books&qid=1175821346&sr=8-1. My publisher's site also has an endless supply at http://www.archebooks.com/BookIDX/Indexes/Fantasy/CMG/CMGDesc.htm.

"Some days, I just want the dragon to win."

Tags: , , , ,

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Laura M. Crawford said...

Sandy, how nice! You made a new friend! You will have to introduce us when Quint and I come down to Florida to visit you. And please do send her stuff through so we can see her work.

I'm glad you're doing much better, and I hope/pray you finally get some sleep!

Loveya lots,

Laura :O)

1:59 PM  
Blogger Sandy Lender said...

I don't have a website address for her yet, Laura, but she's got great stuff in her portfolio. I'm hookin' this girl up to all you writers...Between her and Megan, I think we've got art taken care of now.

Sandy L.
"Some days, I just want the dragon to win."

7:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home