Today the Dragon Wins

"Today the Dragon Wins" offers information from Fantasy Author and Professional Editor Sandy Lender. You'll also find dragons, wizards, sorcerers, and other fantasy elements necessary for a fabulous story, if you know where to look...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Misbehaving in Candlelight

Sandy Lender is the editor of an international trade publication and the author of the fantasy novels Choices Meant for Gods and Choices Meant for Kings, available from ArcheBooks Publishing, and the series-supporting chapbook, What Choices We Made.

Add to Technorati Favorites

Monday, July 09, 2007


What's Better Than Getting a Fan Letter?
Or...The Dragon just needed a reality check

Do you have a copy of Choices Meant for Gods yet? I think everyone should have a copy and should read it cover to cover. Why? Because I want more fan mail!

Does that sound insane? It probably is... But the greatest thing in the world happened this weekend. I was hiding from the court officer bringing the foreclosure papers to the house so I ducked into the living room and opened my mail. Lo and behold, there was a letter from my best friend's mom, who lives in St. Louis. That's cool. "What's she writing to me for?" I wondered, hoping everything was okay. Turns out she had finished reading Choices Meant for Gods, which she had deprived herself of sleep to get through because she considered it a page-turner. Cool! But the letter gets better. She let out "the wail" that I've heard people describe when she got to the end. Cool again!

This was the greatest letter ever! I was so lifted up reading it. Of course, I burst into tears. What writer wouldn't? I'll be mailing her thank-you note today...

What's kind of funny is she echoed a question someone asked me at "the second job" Friday night--when is the next book coming out? When Norma asked me this question Friday, it took me by surprise because I didn't realize she'd already read the book. Turns out she also deprived herself of sleep to get through Choices Meant for Gods (should I apologize to everyone for how long the story is?) and tried to find my phone number when she got to the end...

So I suggest that EVERYONE go out and get a copy of the book. It's available through Barnes & Noble, Borders, all your local book stores...or you can order it at Amazon at http://www.amazon.com/Choices-Meant-Gods-Sandy-Lender/dp/1595071652/ref=dp_return_2/002-3163519-8684042?ie=UTF8&n=283155&s=books or at my publisher's site at http://www.archebooks.com/BookIDX/Indexes/Fantasy/CMG/CMGDesc.htm. Obviously, folks recommend it. And...as I start leaking tears again...that just makes me feel really good inside.

"Some days, I just want the dragon to win."

Tags:

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Laura M. Crawford said...

Whoohoo! Good for you, Sandy! Congratulations! I'm sure it's going to be just one of many!

Happy for you, honey!

Laura :)

1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home