Today the Dragon Wins

"Today the Dragon Wins" offers information from Fantasy Author and Professional Editor Sandy Lender. You'll also find dragons, wizards, sorcerers, and other fantasy elements necessary for a fabulous story, if you know where to look...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Misbehaving in Candlelight

Sandy Lender is the editor of an international trade publication and the author of the fantasy novels Choices Meant for Gods and Choices Meant for Kings, available from ArcheBooks Publishing, and the series-supporting chapbook, What Choices We Made.

Add to Technorati Favorites

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Tuesday, November 27, 2007
Word of the Day
Encounter
(transitive verb) — to meet; to confront; to come up against, to come upon, to be faced with, to be exposed to
Encounter (noun) — an unplanned or a casual meeting

Word in a Sentence: "Julette had obviously been injured enough in the encounter to require time to regroup." – page 173 of the fantasy novel Choices Meant for Gods

Your turn! Have a creative encounter with the comment field today and show us whatchu got!

"Some days, I just want the dragon to win."

Tags: , , ,

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Jeni said...

When my older daughter was about nine, sha and a child staying with us for two weeks were playing with four neighbor children down the street. During the course of their playtime, my daughter had made a comment to two of the other girls to the effect that their mother was fat - a comment which those kids ran home and told their mother. When that parent - who is morbidly obese came up to our house demanding to speak to me, it was an encounter I did not want to deal with and so I sent my husband out to speak to her. A very true story there, sad to say.

2:21 PM  
Blogger Loretta said...

Just flying over from AuthorIsland.
I was on my way to work one day and driving through a contruction zone where the speed limit was 25 miles per hour when I encountered a patrol can coming in the opposite direction. I pasted him and he turned around and followed me. I turned in to road that led to my work and he turned also and put his lights on. I pulled over and he got out and said that I was going over the speed limit for the contruction zone. He took all my information, went back to his card and then came back and gave me my license back and said he was just going to give a a warning but not to let it happen again. Hope I never have another encounter with him for I know that I would get a ticket if I was speeding again.

5:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

flying over from author island

I never thought that i would encounter such a wonderful man until i met my future husband

1:25 AM  
Blogger Caitlin Hoy said...

Hi from AuthorIsland.com.
The encounter with the vampire left me feeling furiously vunerable. (made up example - sorry) I love your books and your blog.
Caitlin

7:29 AM  
Blogger Caitlin Hoy said...

Sorry I meant vulnerable.

7:31 AM  
Blogger Sandy Lender said...

foxyllady,
Oooooo...you've always got to slow down in construction zones to avoid an encounter with a construction worker and your front bumper. Eegads. You're lucky you didn't get the ticket because those things are usually DOUBLE in work zones. Ouch. I've got your name in the Duran Duran tour cap for the drawing!!!
"Some days, I just want the dragon to win."
Sandy L.

10:12 AM  
Blogger Sandy Lender said...

cjtaylor,
Congrats on the future hubby situation! You're in the drawing.

Caitlin,
LOOOOVE the vampires, my dear. Your name is in the cap for the drawing, too.

"Some days, I just want the dragon to win."

Sandy L.

10:14 AM  
Blogger Loretta said...

The funny thing is that there were no contruction workers around to encounter.

10:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home