Today the Dragon Wins

"Today the Dragon Wins" offers information from Fantasy Author and Professional Editor Sandy Lender. You'll also find dragons, wizards, sorcerers, and other fantasy elements necessary for a fabulous story, if you know where to look...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Misbehaving in Candlelight

Sandy Lender is the editor of an international trade publication and the author of the fantasy novels Choices Meant for Gods and Choices Meant for Kings, available from ArcheBooks Publishing, and the series-supporting chapbook, What Choices We Made.

Add to Technorati Favorites

Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Word of the Day
Symphony (noun) — harmony, usually of sound; characterized by a harmonious combination of elements

Word in an Excerpt from my Book (because context is good):
Henry gave Kaylin a wink. "If I were twenty years younger, I believe I'd have to marry you."
The girl giggled.
Godric and Nigel replied in unison, "Over my dead body."
Kora responded to that unlikely symphony: "In twenty-eight years, I believe the only thing you two ever agreed upon is Kaylin's well-being."
– page 181 of the fantasy novel Choices Meant for Gods

Your turn! Now, obviously, this word has another big ol' meaning that you might write your sentence about, but let's hear what you come up with.

"Some days, I just want the dragon to win."

Tags: , ,

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Pamk said...

at night our house is a symphony of child, adults, and one crazy farrot.
flying by from author's island.

9:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home