Today the Dragon Wins

"Today the Dragon Wins" offers information from Fantasy Author and Professional Editor Sandy Lender. You'll also find dragons, wizards, sorcerers, and other fantasy elements necessary for a fabulous story, if you know where to look...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Misbehaving in Candlelight

Sandy Lender is the editor of an international trade publication and the author of the fantasy novels Choices Meant for Gods and Choices Meant for Kings, available from ArcheBooks Publishing, and the series-supporting chapbook, What Choices We Made.

Add to Technorati Favorites

Monday, June 02, 2008

Monday, June 2, 2008
Word of the Day
Pseudonym (noun) -- a false name or fictitious name that an author will use for signing or writing; a name an author writes under other than his/her own; a pen name (from Greek "pseudonumos")

Word in a Sentence: In the fantasy novel Choices Meant for Gods, when Chariss is away in Tiurlang reading the Elder Edda, she sends a letter back to her wizard, Hrazon, under the pseudonym of Elandra, just in case it gets intercepted by her nemesis, Lord Jamieson Drake.

(Do you think I got enough proper nouns in there? Geez...You can get a copy of the eBook for about $4 to straighten all that out here. Bwuahahahahaha.)

Your turn! Do you have any creative sentences, maybe with fewer proper nouns than what I threw at you, to share with us today? What examples of pen names do you have for us?

"Some days, I just want the dragon to win."
Tags: , , , ,

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Jeni said...

I read some place, quite a while back, that the best way to select a pen name -or a pseudonym -is to use your middle name and the name of the street where you live. In that case, mine would be Ellen Cooper. Doesn't sound too bad, does it? Now, all I need to put it into play is to get my brain cells thinking, my fingers typing, my eyes reading research stuff and then -put it all together into some fantastic work of art or non-fiction or something!

10:19 AM  
Blogger Sandy Lender said...

Jeni,
I think that's a good way to get your stripper name, too. He he he. But I think Ellen Cooper works for writing a best-seller better than for removing clothing in a beer-soaked bar.
Actually, Ellen Cooper sounds really good for a pseudonym...It's got that "up front in the alphabet" thing going for it, too!!!
Sandy L.
"Some days, I just want the dragon to win."

7:22 AM  
Blogger Sandy Lender said...

OH!
But, Jeni!
Check it out!
I spent the most time living on a street called Chaucer when I was growing up. So I could totally have a fabulous and famous name for my pseudonym if I went that route! How cool would that be??? (I love and adore Chaucer, by the way. Don't believe there's enough evidence to prove he assaulted a woman. And I totally empathize with his financial woes.)

So I could be Anne Chaucer, thus combining my love of the Brontes and the middle English bard. Dude, I'm so set if I ever want to use a pen name.

I'll smile for the rest of the day. Thanks, Jeni!!!
Sandy L.
"Some days, I just want the dragon to win."

7:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home