Or…The Dragon salutes mothers all over the world (even the fantasy worlds)
Yes, it’s a Top 10 List for Mother’s Day, but it’s geared for all you dragon aficionados out there. Here we go. Top 10 things dragon moms really appreciate—a primer for young dragons to say Happy Mother’s Day.
10. Freshly gathered wildflowers to sprinkle around the cave
9. Home-made coupons for cleaning out the cave (including, but not limited to, picking up stray skeletal remains around the treasure mounds)
8. Freshly roasted moose (or mountain lion, goat, sheep, ryfel, etc.)
7. An already-skewered dragon slayer from the nearby village (sans the obnoxious armor that gets stuck in her teeth)
6. Wizard wands, staffs, hats, cloaks, and, if possible, fresh carcasses
5. New riddles and/or poems
4. Large, colorful jewels (with or without the dwarves that mined them)
3. Mounds of freshly polished silver and gold
2. Unplugging the nearby villagers’ dam so the mountain spring flows freely past her cave
And probably the loveliest thing you could get a dragon mom for Mother’s Day…
1. A scenic burning village at sunset with unwary villagers running her way (for that extra touch that shows you care, be sure to have a salt-n-pepper service or maybe a vat of A-1 steak sauce near at hand)
Please join the fun: Add your dragon-mom gift ideas in the comments field.
Fantasy Author Sandy Lender wishes everyone a fabulous Mother’s Day!
“Some days, I just want the dragon to win.”
Tags: Mother’s Day, top 10, top 10 list, top 10 gifts, dragon