Today the Dragon Wins

"Today the Dragon Wins" offers information from Fantasy Author and Professional Editor Sandy Lender. You'll also find dragons, wizards, sorcerers, and other fantasy elements necessary for a fabulous story, if you know where to look...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Misbehaving in Candlelight

Sandy Lender is the editor of an international trade publication and the author of the fantasy novels Choices Meant for Gods and Choices Meant for Kings, available from ArcheBooks Publishing, and the series-supporting chapbook, What Choices We Made.

Add to Technorati Favorites

Sunday, April 19, 2009

The Dragon Celebrates Megan Kissinger's Art
Or…check out what Fantasy Author Sandy Lender did Saturday

After picking up my author friend Tina Murray, I picked up my sea turtle supplies in Bonita for this year's nesting patrol and we boogied our way up to Ft. Myers for Megan Kissinger's opening reception for her current show "One Woman's Art" at the William North Gallery in the Gannon's Antiques and Art Mall. I totally recommend the show to anyone who appreciates lovely paintings and nature scenes.

Megan is fabulous. She's the artist who created the map of Onweald that you see in the fantasy novel Choices Meant for Gods and the supporting chapbook What Choices We Made. And you'll be seeing it again in the rest of the series…as soon as those hit the shelves! Her work at the gallery this month is acrylic on canvas, but she also works in watercolors, creates award-winning scultpures, gracefully handles other-media-I-can't-think-of-right-now-because-I'm-in-a-rush-to-go-meet-a-friend-from-Minnesota (I blush), and is able to cross over into the graphic design realm. That's a quality you don't always see in professional artists...yet she's got it. I say "Megan rocks."

If you get a chance to visit Southwest Florida before April 30, you can see Megan's recent works at the William North Gallery. If not, she's also going to be highlighted among some other artists at FGCU's upcoming show at a place I can't remember. Megan, if you're checking in, please give us the details in the comments!

You can also find Megan on Facebook. TONS of info there.

"Some days, I just want the dragon to win."
Tags: , , ,

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Jane Kennedy Sutton said...

The artwork looks wonderful. I'll try to visit the show.

Jane Kennedy Sutton
http://janekennedysutton.blogspot.com/

6:00 PM  
Anonymous Megan Kissinger said...

Aww, thanks Sandy, you're sweet. It was great to see you and meet your friends too.
I'll be at the Sydney and Berne Davis Art Center in downtown Ft. Myers on Friday, May 1st. (Art Walk) And then, at FGCU for "The Formers" exhibit that opens May 22 (usually a good party that night) and runs through July 31.

9:39 PM  
Blogger Sandy Lender said...

Jane,
I hope you get to see her work. And drop me a note about your signing up in Sarasota!

Sandy Lender
"Some days, I just want the dragon to win."

2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home